Jesse E. Guerra, Jr.
Attorney Jesse E. Guerra Jr., a San Antonio native, attended the University of Texas in Austin for his Bachelor of Science degree and then went on to attend Arizona State University Sandra Day O’Conner College of Law. Returning to Texas he continued his education to add on certified mediator in addition to his law degree.
“The best part about being a lawyer is to stand up for people who can’t do it themselves,” Says Attorney Guerra. “Being a voice for the voiceless.” Guerra is a nationally recognized pool and water safety expert and has served as legal counsel for the National Drowning Prevention Association. He was also chosen to assist the Consumer Safety Commission with the creation of programs for drowning prevention. His many honors and distinctions include Extraordinary Minority Lawyer by Texas Lawyer Magazine, Alan A Matheson Service Award (ASU) and Order of the Barristers (ASU).
Attorney Guerra enjoys spending his free time with his children and dog here in San Antonio. He is an avid tennis player and enjoys golf with his sons. Exploring the nearby Hill Country is also a favorite pastime.
J.D., Arizona State University Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law
B.S., The University of Texas at Austin
U.T., Austin College of Law Mediation Certification
Texas Southern District Federal Court
U.S. District Courts for the Southern, Northern, Eastern and Western Districts of Texas.
Illinois State Courts
Arizona State Courts
Texas Bar Association
Corpus Christi Bar Association
San Antonio Bar Association
Texas Trial Lawyers Association
San Antonio Trial Lawyers Association
Illinois Bar Association
Arizona Bar Association
National Drowning Prevention Association, Legal Counsel
- 2009 Extraordinary Minority Lawyer by Texas Lawyer Magazine
- Alan A. Matheson Service Award-ASU College of Law
- Order of the Barristers-ASU College of Law
- In 2009, "Texas Lawyer Magazine" selected Jesse as one of 25 attorneys to represent the title, "Extraordinary Minority Lawyer". This prestigious award is only given once every five years.
- Outstanding Alumnus Award (Arizona State University's Law School for the class of 2006.
- Alan A. Matheson Award for his service to the law school (Arizona State University School of Law)