Suffering From Any of These Injuries After a Truck Accident?
If you have been injured in a truck accident in Arizona, you have probably already considered legal action. You might have no other way of making up the costs of medical bills and vehicle repair that insurance won’t cover, and you may be missing out on wages due to an inability to work. However, the legal process can seem overwhelming. Where do you start?
Arizona attorney Jesse Guerra can help. His long record of helping clients like you pursue compensation after a truck accident shows his knowledge and dedication. Call 1-800-555-0101 today to see what he can do for you.Are You Suffering From Any of These Injuries After a Truck Accident?
Arizona sees an unfortunately high number of serious truck accidents, with over one fatality per 100,000 population annually. Even if you survive a truck accident, you could be left with any number of debilitating injuries that could affect you for the rest of your life. These include:
- Broken bones
- Whiplash or other nerve damage
- Deep cuts
- Muscular sprains and tears
- Loss of eyesight
- Chronic pain
- Lasting mobility issues
- PTSD and severe driving anxiety
If you have suffered from any of the above, or any other serious injury or impairment, after a trucking accident, look for an Arizona 18 wheeler accident attorney to help you seek compensation for the costs of your recovery and for your ongoing pain and suffering.What Compensation Can I Receive?
Under personal injury law, there are three categories of damages that can be awarded: economic, noneconomic, and punitive.
- Economic damages are meant to cover the financial costs you have incurred as a result of your injuries. These include vehicle repair, medical bills, any physical or talk therapy needed as a result of the accident, and, if applicable, wages that you have lost while unable to work.
- Noneconomic damages are meant to compensate for ways in which your injuries have impacted your quality of life outside of your finances, including physical and emotional pain and suffering, loss of enjoyment, and disfigurement.
- As these damages can be difficult to estimate, an experienced Arizona truck injury lawyer will be crucial to helping you decide the amount to pursue. Your compensation will likely be a combination of economic and noneconomic damages, neither of which are capped in the state of Arizona.
- Punitive damages are intended to punish a defendant whose negligence was found to be particularly flagrant or malicious. These damages are considered unconstitutional once they exceed nine times the amount of compensatory damages. Punitive damages are not commonly awarded, and your attorney may decide not to pursue them.
While you are entitled to act as your own legal counsel while seeking damages for an accident, without the help of an experienced Arizona 18 wheeler accident attorney, you will have trouble succeeding.
When hiring an attorney, you are paying for their knowledge and experience. A personal injury attorney with specialized knowledge about truck accident claims will know exactly how to calculate your damages, and how to negotiate with the opposition to win appropriate compensation. Without their help, your claim could be dismissed by your opposition and you could be at a loss as to how to proceed.How Can I Find an Arizona Truck Injury Lawyer?
When looking for an attorney, your best option is to schedule free consultations. Consultations allow you to talk to a legal representative before making the decision to hire them. You might ask how much experience an attorney has with truck accident claims, how many of those claims are settled out of court, and how viable they consider your case. Make sure to only hire someone who can demonstrate experience and knowledge with injury claims like yours.
Arizona attorney Jesse Guerra offers free consultations by phone at 1-800-555-0101. Call today to begin your process of financial recovery.