You Need an Experienced Arizona Wrongful Death Trial Lawyer
When you experience the loss of a loved one in Arizona, the pain can be overwhelming. The loss also comes with financial and emotional stress, which can make it that much more difficult to get through.
If your loved one passed because of someone else’s negligence, you should seek compensation by pursuing a wrongful death case in Arizona. The paperwork and process can be difficult to navigate alone, which is why you need an experienced Arizona wrongful death trial lawyer by your side from the beginning. Arizona attorney Jesse Guerra believes in helping families get through this difficult time, and he has the experience to get you the compensation you deserve.Key Concepts in a Wrongful Death Lawsuit
When you’re filing a wrongful death lawsuit, there are two central concepts to understand to make the most of your case:
- Lawsuit vs. settlement - Many wrongful death cases don’t go to trial. Oftentimes, you and your Arizona personal injury lawyer will find it advantageous to settle before going to court. An experienced attorney will know the value of your case and seek to get fair compensation without the risk of getting nothing from an unsympathetic jury. However, if the insurers refuse to offer a reasonable settlement, you may have to go to trial. Under these circumstances, you’ll want a good lawyer on your team.
- Burden of proof - Although the burden of proof is not as high as in a criminal case, the success of your case will still hinge on whether you can prove the defendant owed your loved one a duty of care, they breached that duty of care, that breach cause your loved one’s death, and you deserve compensation for the damages they caused.
In wrongful death cases, you want to be sure to get justice for your loved one. A wrongful death case in Arizona can be tough to win on your own, which is why it’s best to work with a law firm. When you work with a lawyer, they can do the following for you in your wrongful death case:
- Conduct an investigation - Every wrongful death case will require evidence. The process to collect and sift through evidence can be time-consuming and difficult if you don’t have experience. An attorney will know what evidence you need to make your case and how to gather it.
- Accurately evaluate your claim - Knowing what your case is worth is vital to getting proper compensation. Often, people will settle for less than they deserve because they didn’t know they could have earned more money.
- Negotiate on your behalf - Insurers will always try to give you less than your case is worth. That’s how they make money. Knowing what to say and what not to is hard if you don’t have experience talking to insurers. Working with an experienced law firm means they will negotiate with insurers on your behalf so you don’t have to, while giving you the peace of mind that you will get a fair settlement.
- Offer expert guidance - Every wrongful death case is different, and often you’ll be faced with tough decisions based on your unique circumstances. When you have experienced legal representation, they can guide you on the best route to take to maximize your chance of getting justice for your lost loved one.
Dealing with the loss of a loved one is difficult, but you don’t have to pursue it alone. An Arizona personal injury lawyer can make the process easier for you and your family. Arizona attorney Jesse Guerra has decades of experience working wrongful death cases, and fights hard on behalf of his clients. If you want the right representation for you, call today at 1-800-555-0101.