Carbon Monoxide Poisoning in a Denver Hotel
Hotels are most often associated with vacations, relaxation, and fun. But when Colorado hotel owners or innkeepers are negligent and fail to ensure guest safety, hotel stays may turn tragic. According to premises liability law, hotel owners have a legal duty of care to ensure that their guests are safe from hazards and harm. So, if you’ve suffered carbon monoxide poisoning in a Denver hotel, there is a very good chance you have sufficient grounds for a personal injury negligence claim.
But how should you find the right carbon monoxide exposure lawyer in Denver? And how can you receive a free consultation with a qualified Denver, Colorado injury lawyer? If you’re looking for answers to these questions and more, our experts serving Denver are here to help. Read on to learn more.The Threat of Carbon Monoxide in Colorado
Carbon monoxide poisoning is an all too common occurrence in America. Because carbon monoxide is colorless and odorless, it can be nearly impossible to detect a leak—and it’s estimated that 20,000 Americans are sent to the emergency room each year as a result of breathing in this poisonous gas.
Carbon monoxide poisoning is not always fatal, but it does often lead to serious or even lifelong complications, such as brain damage or damage to major organs. And because all fuel burning appliances can potentially leak carbon monoxide into the air, it’s crucial for property owners and employers to ensure that carbon monoxide detectors are installed on their property and that all appliances are maintained and regularly inspected.Colorado Hotels and Premises Liability Law
If you’ve been exposed to carbon monoxide while staying at a hotel in Denver, you should know that hotel owners have a legal responsibility to protect guests from harm—meaning you’ll likely have grounds for a successful personal injury claim. Fourteen U.S. states require hotels and motels to install functioning carbon monoxide detectors on their properties—including Colorado. These carbon monoxide detectors must be placed within a certain distance of all rooms used for sleeping to ensure the safety of people within the building. Failure to install working carbon monoxide detectors therefore constitutes negligence.
If you suffered carbon monoxide poisoning while staying at a Colorado hotel or motel, you may have grounds for a personal injury claim to recover damages for your injuries and losses. But because hotels are large corporations with massive legal teams, it’s crucial to hire a qualified attorney as soon as possible so that you will have a fair chance of negotiating a fair settlement.Need a Lawyer? Call Denver Attorney James Shaw
Here at Carabin Shaw, our attorneys are ready to help, and we offer all new clients a no cost, no obligation consultation and a free case review. Denver attorney James Shaw is our firm’s resident expert on carbon monoxide cases, and he’s currently ready to take new clients and fight for their legal rights.
We work on a no win, no fee basis—meaning you do not have to pay us unless we win your case. And our Denver, Colorado injury lawyers specialize in carbon monoxide poisoning claims, meaning we have the knowledge and experience needed to help you win. Even if you’re unsure whether or not negligence played a role in your carbon monoxide exposure, we can help you investigate the circumstances of your exposure and determine next steps.Free Case Review
To schedule your free consultation with an expert carbon monoxide exposure lawyer in Denver, call our Denver office at 800-862-1260. Don’t wait—call us to learn how we can help you recover the damages you deserve.