Workers' Compensation is a benefit that is provided by most employers in Texas. If you have suffered an injury that arose out of and in the course of their employment we can help. Work related injuries typically covered by workers' compensation include:
- Neck, back, and knee injuries
- Carpal tunnel-repetitive trauma injuries
- Hearing problems
- Work-related emotional problems
- Work-induced heart attack or stroke
- Occupational diseases such as asbestosis and dermatitis
- Disfigurement and scarring of face, neck or hands
- Asthma or other work related pulmonary conditions
- Loss of use of limbs
- Eye injuries
When you are hurt while performing your duties as a covered employee there is are special laws that govern from whom and how much you can recover. This differs from other types of injuries. We can assist you in working through this complicated area of law in order to receive compensation from all possible sources. The issues that arise most often in these matters are:
- Whether you were an employee at the time of the injury?
- Was the injury received while you were on the job?
- Was there an injury?
- What benefits are you entitled to?
- Was the injury permanent?
- Are you entitled to an impairment rating.
Workers’ compensation or “workers comp” claims in Texas are governed by the Texas Workers’ Compensation Commission. For a free step-by-step booklet discussing Workers’ Compensation Claims in Texas, please click here. To find out if your employer carries workers’ compensation insurance coverage as provided by the Texas Workers’ Compensation Act, please click here.
For immediate assistance, call us toll-free at 800-862-1260.