If you or a family member is injured or suffer a loss while on a Cruise Ship call our Law Firm. Many do not realize that cruise ships and the companies that run them fail to take reasonable measures, on a regular basis, to ensure a safe passage for their passengers and guests. Hundreds of individuals have suffered personal injuries or even death due to the negligence of crewmembers or others. Injuries occur everyday because crew members fail to follow simple safety precautions. In some cases passengers have been attacked because of a lack of security on most ships. Common Cruise Ship Accidents include; injuries due to falls, poor equipment, sexual battery or assaults by crew members or other passengers, bad food, food poisoning, and severe injuries while on excursions.
If you or a loved one has been injured or suffered a loss call the Texas Law Firm of Carabin & Shaw at 1-800-862-1260.Important Points to Keep in Mind:
A cruise ship or cruise line may be responsible for injuries you receive while on board the cruise ship or while on an excursion. If you are injured while off the cruise ship, you should obtain any and all information you can about your situation.
SOMEONE IS ALWAYS WATCHING: Most cruise ships are equipped with video surveillance cameras that may have captured your accident. Cruise line employees are directed by the company to make notes and observations about passengers who have been injured. People who will be observing you include; your cabin steward, purser, waiters, bartenders, the doctor and medical staff, and all others you contact regularly.
CALL US WHEN YOU GET HOME & GET A SECOND MEDICAL OPINION: The quality of medical care on board a vessel is sometimes questionable. Cruise ship medical facilities can be inferior to even your basic walk-in clinic. Many do not even have working X-Ray machines.What to do if Injured While on a Cruise:
- Write down the name, address and phone number of all potential witnesses; including, all crewmembers and passengers that you have contact with.
- Take pictures of your injuries.
- Demand a copy of all of your medical records and other documents before leaving the ship.
- If you are out to sea or in a foreign country and your injuries are severe; demand that the cruise line fly you back to the USA for medical treatment.
- Keep all of your cruise documentation.
- Keep a copy of your incident report.
- Contact a crew member and the ship’s doctor immediately.
- Take photographs to document the condition(s) that caused your injury.
IF YOU OR A LOVED ONE IS INJURED ON A CRUISE SHIP, CALL THE TEXAS LAW FIRM OF CARABIN & SHAW. WE CAN HELP. CALL 1-800-862-1260.