10 Best Attorney Client Satisfaction
Google verifed reviews
BBB - Acredited Business A+
Texas Trial Lawyers Association
AVVO Rating - James Michael Shaw 10.0

E-1 / E-2 Treaty Immigration Investor Visas

The Texas Based Law Firm of Carabin Shaw is known across the State, with Offices across the State.

We can help foreign investors and foreign companies do business in the United States.

E visas are for foreign nationals who want to conduct substantial trade or invest significant capital in the United States.

In order to be eligible, the applicant must be from a country that maintains a treaty of commerce and navigation with the U.S.

The E-1 visa is issued to “treaty traders” who engage in substantial international trade with the U.S. The E-2 visa is for “treaty investors” who invest sufficient capital to ensure the successful operation of a business.

Applicants must meet certain criteria to obtain an E-1 or E-2 visa, including:

  • A large and consistent volume of trade
  • Over 50% of trade “principally” with the U.S.
  • Exchange goods, services, and/or technology
  • Hold supervisory or executive position in the firm
  • Substantial investment in a true, functioning enterprise
  • Generate income that “significantly impacts” U.S. economy
  • Investor control of funds and assumption of commercial risk
  • Principal or skilled investor developing and directing the enterprise

Those treaty investors satisfying these criteria can apply for investor visas at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate abroad. The applicant is required to provide a completed Nonimmigrant Treaty Trader/Treaty Investor Application, Form DS-156, a valid passport, and the proper fees. They can also submit the visa application, Form DS-160, online.

The consular officer may request additional documents that show that the trading or investment enterprise complies with the various requirements for the E visa classification.

Family members, including spouses and unmarried children under 21, can derive E visa status and accompany the principal visa holder to the United States. Only the spouse may apply for authorization to obtain employment in the U.S.

If you require an E-1 or E-2 visa to come to the United States, call our Law Firm, we can help. Since 1992 the Carabin Shaw Law Firm has provided honest, professional representation to clients throughout Texas and nationwide. Call us at 800-862-1260.

Client Reviews
We are very glad we called Carabin Shaw after our accident. We now recommend them to everyone. - Griselda S.
You want Carabin Shaw on your side after an accident. They were excellent. - Valerie S.
In our opinion, no one is better, Carabin Shaw is the Law Firm you want on your side after an accident. - Amanda G.
The attorneys and staff went out of their way to help us after our accident. Thank you Carabin Shaw. - Melinda F.
We did our research after our accident and chose Carabin Shaw. They were great. Highly recommend. Joel Y.