March 26, 2020: EL PASO, Texas – EL Paso Police said one man was killed in a serious truck crash Thursday morning on the Border Highway.
Federico Flores Jr., 44, was an employee of the City of El Paso Streets and Maintenance Department. He died when his 2007 Ford Ranger crashed into a median along the border at about 6:10 a.m. on Loop 375 East, near U.S. 54.
According to an El Paso Police Department news release, Flores was going south on U.S. 54 and was merging on Loop 375 when he “veered across the lanes and stuck the center median.” The early morning crash forced all traffic to exit Loop 375.
Police said Mr. Flores was pronounced dead at the scene. This is the 19th traffic fatality of the year compared to 13 this time last year.
TxDOT Tips to Avoid a Collision
Most crashes in Texas result from speeding, failure to yield, driving under the influence of alcohol, following too closely and running red lights and stop signs.
Avoid a Collision
- Slow down and drive to conditions.
- Drive friendly – yield to other drivers and be courteous.
- Maintain a safe following distance.
- Look both ways before you enter an intersection.
- Signal every turn and lane change.
- Stop at red lights and stop signs.
- Don’t drive if you’ve been drinking.
What To Do After a Crash
- Check for injuries. If people are hurt, tend to them. Call 911.
- Move your car out of the roadway to a safer place where you can exchange names, addresses, phone numbers, vehicle identification numbers, vehicle license plate numbers, insurance information and driver license information.
- Note the location of the crash and get the names, addresses and phone numbers of any witnesses. If the vehicles cannot be moved, protect the scene by setting up flares or raising your hood.
CollisionsTexas Department of Transportation (State of Texas)
If you, a family member or loved one has been injured or has suffered a wrongful death due to driving accidents, contact an attorney who specializes in these cases to review your legal options. You may be entitled to compensation for damages, medical treatments, and lost wages due to the incident.
Lawyers at Carabin Shaw help clients get the care and attention they deserve after a serious incident. Our experienced attorneys represent people and families who have suffered catastrophic injuries and tragic wrongful deaths throughout the state of Texas. If you or a loved one has been injured contact us today at (800) 862-1260.