Property Damages and Auto Accidents


(August 3, 2022) Two vehicles crashed into homes less than two weeks apart from each other, leaving extensive property damage and injuries behind in San Antonio. Let’s take a look at each of these accidents and then discuss what types of damages can be claimed in accidents involving private property.

Did you know?

The Storefront Safety Council found that there are roughly one hundred instances of vehicles crashing into buildings every day in the United States. They are responsible for 16,000 injuries and 2,600 deaths annually.


KENS5 reported on Friday, June 22, 2022, that a driver lost control of his vehicle for unknown reasons while driving through a neighborhood around 6 a.m. on the southwest side of San Antonio. When police responded to the scene, they found the car stuck in the side of the home off of the 800 block of Kirk Place, with the front end sticking partially into the living room. A woman in her twenties was inside the living room with a young child when the incident occurred and was transported to the hospital for treatment. The child received only minor injuries and was treated on the scene. The driver was under investigation for a DWI, and his injuries were not reported.

Early yesterday morning, at around 3 a.m. KSAT News reported an accident where a driver struck another Southwest side home and fled the scene with a passenger. The driver was traveling at high speeds when they jumped a curb, knocked down a chain link fence, and crashed into the side of the home. Minimal damage was reported, and there were no injuries to any of the home’s inhabitants. The driver and the passenger have not been located.


Can you claim private property damages in an auto accident?


Most people are already aware that damage to your vehicle can be compensated through their insurance’s collision coverage. Most insurance policies also have some kind of coverage for property damage liability in their auto policies, as well as liability coverage for any injuries to the inhabitants. However, the extent of the damage to your home, mailbox, fence, or other private property may not be enough to cover the cost of repairs.


Do I need a lawyer for a property damage claim?

Some insurance companies are notorious for finding it in their best interest to move slowly when processing your claim. At times like that, it is in your best interest to have someone knowledgeable in working with insurance companies to ensure that your rights are protected and to negotiate the justice that you deserve. Our staff has expertise in finding all available insurance policies that correspond to your case, which can be difficult to find on your own. That’s why we recommend having expert counsel assisting you with your property damage claim. In fact, property damage claims are notoriously difficult, and most law firms don’t bother assisting their clients with them since contingency fees are only recovered based on personal injury claims.


Have you experienced personal injury or property damage in San Antonio?

Most law offices do not assist their clients with property damage claims. Carabin Shaw is different. Our team has been representing clients in San Antonio for thirty years and has never charged a client for property damages recovered in a lawsuit – period. Call our team today at 800-862-1260. We can help.

Contact Information