Sadly, sometimes parents use children as pawns in a divorce proceeding. Often one parent wants to alienate the other parent by talking ugly about that parent to the child. Studies have revealed that this parental alienation tactic is very damaging to the child and to the relationship of the victims of parental alienation. The San Antonio family lawyers at Carabin Shaw P.C. know how to help put a stop to this dangerous behavior and can offer legal solutions to remedy the situation before it gets out of hand.
Highlights of Parental Alienation:
- Happens frequently in nasty divorces.
- May cause detrimental effects to children mentally.
- Will require Court intervention.
- Needs to be proved in Court.
- May require expert testimony to prevail.
- May require Court appointed amicus attorneys in addition to Carabin Shaw attorneys to represent the Children’s best interest and prove alienation is taking place.
- They are not easy cases to win and can be costly to litigate.
- Steps should be taken regardless of the costs to protect the children and the relationship between them and the spouse victim.