Severance Package Issues
If you have been offered a separation package you need a lawyer on your side, to ensure that all of the terms are understood and agreed. Many severance agreements advise you to consult an attorney before you sign waiver. You are not given this advice because your employer wants a lawyer inspecting the terms, but because in many case such language is mandatory.
- Have you been given seven days to revoke your signature?
- Have you been given 21 or 45 days to consider the release?
- Have you been provided a listing of the job titles and ages of those selected for separation?
- Were you informed of the eligibility criteria for the selections?
- Do you understand why you are to be provided this information as part of the separation package?
- Are you 40 old or older?
If you have questions about Separation or Termination Agreement, call the Law Offices of Carabin Shaw at 800-862-1260. The call is free, the consultation is free. Call us day or night.