We commonly hear that individuals do not realize that almost all hourly employees and many salaried employees are entitled to overtime pay. Unfortunately, some employers intentionally choose not to pay overtime wages that are rightfully due. Other employers fail to pay overtime because they do not understand the law. Bottom line, if you worked more than forty hours in a work week, you may be entitled to recover your unpaid overtime plus penalties, interest, and attorneys’ fees.
The Fair Labor Standards Act requires that employees be paid at least the federal minimum wage for the hours they worked and any overtime pay at least equal to time and one-half the regular rate of pay for all hours worked over 40 hours in a work week. If you need a helping hand on any of the following types of issues, call our Law Firm at 800-862-1260, we can help:
- Underpaid overtime
- Unpaid Wages
- Unpaid overtime
- Failure to pay overtime wage
- Failure to pay minimum wage
- Exemptions from overtime wages
- Mischaracterizing employees as exempt
- Salaried workers entitled to overtime pay
- Misclassification managerial employees (supervisors, assistant managers or managers)
- Misclassification professional employees
- Unpaid salary
If you need an aggressive Law Firm on your side, call us at 800-862-1260, the call is free, the consultation is free.