18 Wheeler Accident Injuries | Ruidoso Truck Accident Lawyer
Accidents with 18 wheelers in Ruidoso, New Mexico can have serious consequences. Their size in comparison to a regular passenger vehicle makes them especially dangerous. If you or a loved one was injured or killed in an 18 wheeler accident, a Ruidoso 18 wheeler accident lawyer can help. Our staff at Carabin Shaw is a dedicated team of experienced law professionals who first and foremost want to listen to your story and hear the details of your case. We care about helping victims and their families work through this tragic time. A Ruidoso truck accident lawyer at our firm can help you win compensation if you’ve suffered 18 wheeler accident injuries.Types of 18 Wheeler Accident Injuries
Injuries sustained during an 18 wheeler accident can be severe. The following are the most common types of 18 wheeler injuries:
- Neck and Spine Injuries - Accidents with 18 wheelers can cause serious damage to the neck and spine, including paralysis in severe cases. Sometimes these injuries are readily apparent, but neck and back injuries often take time to surface. After a collision with an 18 wheeler, a good lawyer will advise you that it is best to be evaluated by a doctor right away. For more information on what to do after an 18 wheeler accident, consult with a Ruidoso semi truck accident attorney.
- Head Injuries and Trauma - A crash with an 18 wheeler can be intense, and many times the impact will cause passengers to hit their head against the steering wheel or other part of the car’s interior. Head and brain injuries can range from mild to life-altering, and, similar to neck and spine injuries, damage to the head is sometimes not readily apparent immediately following an accident. A lawyer can tell you more about head and brain injuries after an 18 wheeler crash.
- Burns - Because trucks have a larger fuel tank than cars, there is a greater likelihood of a fire starting on the crash site, which can leave those involved at risk of burns. Additionally, the force at which airbags deploy can cause burns and abrasions. If you or a loved one suffered burns after an 18 wheeler accident, speak to a Ruidoso accident 18 wheeler lawyer.
- Internal Organ Damage - The impact from an 18 wheeler crash can damage internal organs such as the lungs, kidneys, liver, heart, and more. Fractured bones can also cause injury to internal organs, such as a punctured lung. Internal injuries can be devastating and have long-term complications. A trucking accident lawyer in New Mexico will know what to do if you’ve suffered internal organ damage.
- Disfigurement and Amputations - Shattered glass, metal shards, and other projectiles can cause permanent disfigurement and scarring. Although not life-threatening, they can be life-altering. These kinds of injuries may require reconstructive surgery, and the permanent changes to appearance can have long-term psychological effects. In severe cases, 18 wheeler crashes can lead to the loss of a limb. Talk to an attorney if you’ve suffered disfigurement or amputation in an accident with a big rig.
An accident with an 18 wheeler in Ruidoso, New Mexico can change your life, and your family’s lives, in an instant. It’s not fair, so you deserve compensation for the tragedy you have to face. If you or a loved one was injured or killed in an 18 wheeler crash, you need Carabin Shaw on your side. Every Ruidoso semi truck accident attorney on our team knows what it takes to win. 18 wheeler accident cases are more complicated than regular car accidents, because a number of parties can be held liable. Furthermore, 18 wheeler companies are represented by ruthless teams of lawyers whose mission is to pay you as little as possible. Don’t let them win, let a Ruidoso 18 wheeler accident lawyer get you justice. Speak with an attorney at our firm today.
Call toll free: 915-779-2301