5 Common Auto Accident Injuries | Carrizo Springs Attorneys
Getting in a car accident is a serious matter, and can have life-altering consequences for you and your loved ones. If you are a resident of Carrizo Springs, Texas and have recently been affected by a car accident, the lawyers at Carabin Shaw want to help you learn about what kind of injuries you might have experienced.
The United States has seen a slight drop in the amount of motor vehicle crash fatalities that occur every year, but according to the (National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), there were still over 36,000 fatalities in 2019. Also, as our population expands and there are more cars on the road, there will continue to be more crashes: in 2018, there were over 6.7 million — and nearly 2 million of these led to injury. In this article, our Carrizo Springs auto injury attorneys will discuss five common auto accident injuries that occur.What Are Some Common Auto Injuries?
There are a few common auto accident injuries that a personal injury lawyer in Carrizo Springs will encounter during a typical case:
- Head injuries. Unfortunately, head injuries are fairly common in car accidents, and they can be devastating. When a car accident victim receives a blow to the head during the crash, they can experience concussions and much more severe traumatic brain injuries (TBI). Worst of all, the immediate effects of TBI, such as impaired cognitive function or behavioral difficulties, may not be readily apparent.
- Whiplash. This occurs when someone’s head moves rapidly backwards and forwards, and it happens quite often during the sudden impact of a car accident — especially when you get rear-ended. Whiplash typically results in neck and shoulder pain, and can be quite severe.
- Lacerations. Cars and trucks are large machines made of metal and glass, and when crashes occur, there may be many pieces of sharp metal and broken glass flying around. Carrizo Springs auto accident lawyers very often see mild to very serious cuts and lacerations on people who’ve been in accidents, especially in head-on collisions and rollover accidents.
- Broken bones. Due to the high speeds and strong impact of the heavy machines involved in a car accident, it is all too easy to break a bone during a crash. And while any bones can be broken — such as hips, arms, or spinal vertebrae, Our attorneys very often see broken legs, especially if the car crumples during an accident. In addition, seatbelts, while life-saving, can often result in fractured ribs.
- Psychological trauma. Not all injuries are physical, and the severity of a car accident can have lasting psychological impact on people. Our Carrizo Springs auto accident lawyers know that people often experience mental anguish after an accident, especially if they or their loved ones have been severely injured. In addition, the pain and suffering that results may prevent them from being able to drive easily or regularly for a long period of time, which can impact the quality of their life immensely.
The first thing you must do after you’ve been in a car accident is to seek medical attention. Remember that the common auto accident injuries listed above are just a few of the many things that can happen. In addition, you may think you feel okay in the immediate aftermath of a crash, but you can still experience injury or pain days or even weeks afterwards. An experienced Carrizo Springs auto accident lawyer will always advise you to get treated by a doctor, no matter what.Trust Our Experienced Carrizo Springs Auto Injury Attorneys
Then you should start looking for legal advice. If you’ve been in an auto accident and are looking for a personal injury lawyer in Carrizo Springs, call Carabin Shaw. Our lawyers have been fighting for victims like you for over twenty years, and we have recovered over $1 billion for our clients. Call our Carrizo Springs, Texas office at 210-222-2288 today for a free, no obligation consultation with an experienced and qualified attorney.