5 Common Oilfield Injuries and What To Do if You’ve Suffered One
The oil business is booming in West Texas, with production doubling in the past four years. This rapid growth means the oil industry is a lucrative job opportunity for many people in Kermit, Texas. However, the working environment also poses many dangers to oilfield employees. If you or a loved one has been injured or killed in an oilfield accident, a Kermit oilfield accident lawyer is here to help. Our experienced team at Carabin Shaw has worked hundreds of cases for victims just like you. Every attorney at our firm aggressively advocates for our clients to make sure they get the justice they deserve. From our years of working oilfield cases, we’ve learned 5 common oilfield injuries and what to do if you’ve suffered one.Common Oilfield Injuries
Oilfield injuries happen all the time. If you’ve experienced one of the following injuries, be sure to talk to Kermit, Texas accident lawyers.
- Burns: Chemicals and fires are constant hazards for workers in the oilfield, and both can lead to oilfield workers getting burned. Severe burns can lead to permanent scarring and long-term damage to deeper tissue such as tendons, nerves, muscles, and ligaments. Some incidents of burning can even lead to death. If burns have injured you or a loved one in the oilfield, speak with a work injury attorney in Kermit.
- Traumatic Brain Injuries: Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) occur when a worker receives a severe blow to the head or damage to the body that causes sufficient damage to the brain. This type of brain damage most often happens when workers fall from platforms or are hit by heavy equipment. Severe TBIs can require years of rehabilitation to recover coordination, speech, balance, mobility, and more.
- Fractures and Broken Bones: Workers can suffer broken bones and fractures from various accidents such as trips and falls, explosions, and heavy equipment failure. Fractures typically heal, but broken bones could require surgery. Long story short, broken bones could mean mounting medical bills. A Kermit oilfield accident lawyer can help you if you have suffered broken bones or fractures in an oilfield injury.
- Eye Injuries: Oilfield employees are often exposed to chemicals, and their toxic fumes have the potential to cause damage, sometimes resulting in long-term complications. Debris from the work environment can lead to cuts or scrapes on employee’s eyes, which, if left untreated, can be a serious health risk. A lawyer will know what to do if you have experienced an eye injury in the oilfield.
- Paralysis: A spinal injury on the job could cause paralysis. People with paralysis have life-long problems that need constant medical attention. If an oilfield accident paralyzed you or a loved one, talk to Kermit, Texas accident lawyers.
Every attorney will tell you that if you’ve been injured in the oilfield, you need to file for workers’ compensation if your employer subscribes to it. Start by reporting the injury to your employer within 30 days of the accident. From there, fill out the DWC Form-041. This process can be complicated, so you may need a lawyer to assist you with filing. Furthermore, if your claim is denied or you are offered less than what you deserve, talk to an oilfield injury attorney in Kermit. Know that if your employer does not have workers’ comp, you will want to file suit.How an Attorney Can Help
An accident in the oilfield is tragic. The pain, suffering, and medical bills are unfair to anyone wrongfully injured in the oilfield. At Carabin Shaw, we fight for victims injured in oilfield accidents. We believe oil companies in Kermit should be held responsible for their negligent actions. Talk to a Kermit oilfield accident lawyer at our firm today to learn how you can win in court.
Call us at 432-620-0544 or dial toll-free at 1-800-862-1260.