5 Common Workplace Injuries for Oilfield Workers | Monahans Attorney
The oil industry has worked wonders for the Texas economy. It offers a great salary and steady employment for oilfield workers in Monahans, Texas. However, the job does come with its downsides. When you’re working in the oilfield, there’s always the risk of injury. If you or a loved one were injured in an oilfield accident, you need someone on your side. Our staff at Carabin Shaw is a dedicated team of attorneys who know how to get justice for victims of oilfield accidents. Our Monahans injury lawyers vow to fight harder for you than any other law firm.Common Causes of Workplace Injuries
The oilfield is a work environment where at any moment, something could go wrong. For the most part, injuries in the oilfield occur because of these causes:
- Faulty equipment - The oilfield involves the operation of heavy machinery, and if the equipment malfunctions due to a faulty part or negligent upkeep, it could have serious consequences. Talk to our team of qualified Texas oil industry accident lawyers if your injuries were caused by faulty equipment.
- Poor supervision - The oil and gas industry is booming in Monahans, Texas, which comes with an increased demand for competent employees. Sometimes these positions aren’t easily filled, so supervisors are in short supply. When there’s insufficient supervision, accidents happen. An attorney can tell you more.
- Insufficient training - Working in the oilfield requires in-depth training, and employees who don’t understand the ins and outs of the business and proper safety precautions can be a hazard to themselves and others. Often, sufficient training is rushed so that employees can get to work sooner. Skipping the necessary steps to train employees often results in dangerous situations. If your accident was caused by insufficient training, Monahans work accident attorneys can help.
The prevalence of injuries on oilfields is astounding. From experience, we know the following are the 5 common workplace injuries for oilfield workers:
- Traumatic brain injuries - Traumatic brain injuries (TBI) happen all too often in the oilfield. Explosions, slips and falls, falling objects, and malfunctioning equipment can cause TBI. Head injuries can range from mild concussions to permanent brain damage. A lawyer can help if you or a loved one suffered TBI on the job.
- Amputations - When working with heavy machinery, the loss of fingers or hands can occur if employees aren’t following proper safety precautions. Additionally, falling from rigs or commercial vehicle accidents can lead to amputations as well.
- Broken limbs - Slips and falls, malfunctioning equipment, commercial vehicle wrecks, and explosions can all cause broken limbs for employees working in the Texas oilfields. Monahans injury lawyers can help if you were injured on the job in the oilfield.
- Burns - Every day, oilfield workers are at risk of burns because of their exposure to chemicals, steam, hot equipment, fire, and the possibility of explosion. The consequences can be severe and life-altering.
- Eye injuries - The constant debris in the oilfield can cause eye injuries, which could limit vision or even lead to the loss of vision if left untreated. To learn more, speak with Monahans work accident attorneys.
An accident in the oilfield can devastate your life. You may be unable to work, permanently injured, and dealing with an ever-growing pile of medical bills. Our Texas oil industry accident lawyers know no money can make up for the impact an oilfield injury has on your life, but we also know proper compensation can ease the burden on you and your family.
At Carabin Shaw, we go above and beyond for every victim we represent because we want justice for you. Every lawyer on our team believes it’s wrong that you have to suffer because of another’s negligence. If you’ve suffered one of the 5 common workplace injuries for oilfield workers, contact us today at 800-862-1260. An attorney on our team would be happy to help you.