5 Most Common 18 Wheeler Truck Accident Injuries | Ozona Lawyer
In West Texas, it is hard to avoid 18 wheelers on the roads. These trucks have become a fundamental part of the Texas economy, shipping necessary goods all over state and across the border. Unfortunately, due to their size and weight, they can cause catastrophic accidents. If you or a loved one has been injured in Ozona, Texas, our team of Ozona truck accident lawyers at Carabin Shaw want to help you. We can answer any questions you might have about your accident.What Causes 18 Wheeler Truck Accidents?
The reasons behind a trucking accident greatly vary, but some of the most common accident causes include:
- Driver fatigue
- Distracted driving
- Improperly loaded cargo
- Improper maintenance
- Inadequately trained drivers
- Malfunctioning part or equipment
Unlike other accidents, when you get hit by an 18 wheeler there may be several parties responsible for your injuries. This is part of why it is so hard to navigate the aftermath of an 18 wheeler truck accident in Ozona. Talk to one of our lawyers at your earliest convenience to go over the details of your accident.Common 18 Wheeler Accident Injuries
After an accident with an 18 wheeler, it is crucial that you seek medical attention as soon as possible. Even if you do not feel any immediate pain, it is important to remember that it can take days or weeks for some serious internal injuries to develop.
Here are the 5 most common 18 wheeler truck accident injuries:
- Neck and spinal injuries - Experiencing a sudden impact to the neck and spinal area can result in paralyzation.
- Head injuries - Brain damage is a commonly sustained injury from 18 wheeler crashes. The results can include coma, behavioral changes, and physical disabilities.
- Internal damage - This can include internal bleeding and serious damage to the lungs, heart, kidneys, and more.
- Burns - Unfortunately, 18 wheeler accidents can sometimes result in fire. This means disfigurement and serious burns.
- Broken bones - The blunt force trauma from these accidents can easily result in broken hips, arms, ribs, and leg bones.
Aside from physical damage, these trucking accidents can result in psychological damage as well. Simple tasks such as driving to work can become a challenge.
In worst case scenarios, 18 wheeler accidents can result in death. If your loved one died due to an 18 wheeler accident, you can pursue a wrongful death case. Our Ozona truck accident lawyers can help you seek justice for your loved one.Can I Get Compensation for My Injuries?
Once you talk with one of our Ozona injury attorneys, we will determine who is at fault and what types of damages you may be able to receive.
- Economic damages - These include present and future medical bills, lost income, and property damage.
- Non-Economic damages - These damages cover your pain and suffering, mental anguish, and other intangible losses.
- Punitive damages - Punitive damages are designed to punish the defendant if they were acting maliciously.
Our lawyers know how overwhelming the legal process can be after a trucking accident. We will walk you through the process and make sure you get fair compensation. If you identify with or have questions about any of the 5 most common 18 wheeler truck accident injuries, we will gladly help you out.Do I Need to Hire an Attorney for my Truck Accident in Ozona?
Truck accidents in Ozuna, Texas can cause serious physical and financial damage, leaving you and your family in major distress. At Carabin Shaw, our attorneys know how devastating 18 wheeler accidents are and want to ensure you focus on your recovery while we figure out who is responsible for your injuries. Call us at 800-862-1260 to speak with one of our Ozona injury attorneys.