5 Things You Should Know About Hurricane Insurance Claims in Goliad
In the wake of a major hurricane, Goliad insurance companies are going to be inundated with claims, and unfortunately, adjusters will most likely be concerned about the financial loss to their companies more than their clients’ well-being as they are faced with paying out billions to settle Goliad hurricane claims.
As a claimant, your first objective is to be prepared and armed with the necessary information to support your claim. Part of this preparation is securing strong legal representation – having a shrewd and knowledgeable lawyer who will work to see that your claim is resolved as efficiently and completely as possible, and without missed objectives, will pay off in the long run.
Ensuring your claim meets the legal requirements often means understanding the legal jargon in the fine print. At the law firm of Carabin & Shaw, this is our job as attorneys. As the insurance claims experts in Goliad, the attorneys at Carabin & Shaw are prepared to respond on your behalf and secure the full compensation promised in your policy. We will conduct an in-depth review of your policy and identify all liability on the insurance agency’s part. We will also review both the adjuster’s documentation and recommendations, as well as have our own experts provide insight and guidance. Our team of lawyers will work tirelessly to insure your best interests are served.5 Things You Should Know about Hurricane Insurance Claims in Goliad
The following is a list of important points you should speak with a Carabin & Shaw Goliad hurricane insurance claims lawyer about. Prior to filing a claim for damages from hurricane Harvey in Goliad, we highly recommend considering the next five things you should know about hurricane insurance claims in Goliad, and then get answers regarding them from our reputable attorneys with the Carabin & Shaw law firm.
- The foundation for your claim is going to be based on what caused the damage or loss of property; was it the wind, fallen power lines, rain, a fallen tree? The amount of insurance coverage and what compensation is actually paid is based on what caused the damage.
- Damage as a result of storm surge flooding is frequently not covered in a homeowner’s policy; you may need an attorney to advocate on what caused the damage. Water may have flooded your home, but if it was preceded by your roof caving in due to torrential rains, the water damage may now be technically considered part of the roof damage, not flooding damage, altering your claim.
- Ask our attorney to help you identify if flood damage is specifically excluded in your policy, and whether damage a result of flooding or flooding a result of other damages. Attorneys with Carabin & Shaw have access to expert damage consultants who can pinpoint the cause and leverage their testimony against insurers.
- Overhead and profit are legitimate charges from a contractor and should be covered by the insurance company; however, insurers frequently neglect to pay these costs, often making the client absorb the loss. If they refuse to adjust the compensation amount to cover these costs, it may be time to enlist an attorney.
- Certain exclusions, conditions, and warranties in your policy might be considered “unenforceable exclusions” by a judge if your claim must go to court. If you have been denied coverage for what seems like unfair or unrealistic reasons, ask a Carabin & Shaw attorney if this might apply in your case.
- You are the driver; ultimately you must push to obtain reimbursement and settlement for Goliad hurricane claims, this means you must be wise and choose an attorney who will fight on your behalf for an equitable settlement. We are the team you need.
- You have paid your premiums for years—you’re entitled to a fair and defensible settlement.
- Take your time settling—do not think you will recall or identify all your losses quickly, give yourself time to think of all you’ve lost so that you can be thoroughly compensated for everything you’re entitled to; then we fight!
We may have exceeded only five things you should know about hurricane insurance claims in Goliad, but that is because there is so much to cover and so many variables that might impact your settlement. We are sure you have many more questions. Please call us at 1.800.862.1260; our compassionate and experienced attorneys are available twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week to provide to answer your questions in a free initial consultation.
Let us guide you on the road to recovering the compensation you need as you begin the recovery process. We’re so glad you’ve made it this far—you’ve weathered the storm of the century, now trust Carabin & Shaw to ensure that all of your tomorrows shine brighter.