After a Commercial Truck Accident in Van Horn, Texas
It is more and more common to see all types of commercial trucks in West Texas, and unfortunately, these trucks can cause great amounts of damage to other drivers on the road. After an accident with a commercial truck in Van Horn, Texas, you may have many questions about what to do next. Unlike a two car accident, when you get injured by a commercial truck, there can be multiple parties at fault. At Carabin Shaw, we know how stressful these accidents are and we want to help you. If you or a loved one have been injured, you should know that we have a team of Van Horn accident lawyers ready to fight for you.What Causes Commercial Trucking Accidents?
It just takes one second for a commercial truck to cause catastrophic damage to other drivers on the road in Van Horn, Texas. The most common causes of commercial trucking accidents include:
- Distracted driving
- Driver fatigue
- Driving under the influence
- Failing to obey traffic regulations
- Inadequate truck maintenance
Sometimes driver error is not the cause of trucking accidents. Some accidents are the fault of the trucking company, truck manufacturer, or the cargo loaders.
No matter what the cause, these commercial trucks can cause serious life-changing injuries due to the size and weight of these trucks. These injuries might include:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Broken bones
If you have been injured in a truck accident in Van Horn and are suffering from any of these injuries, you may be entitled to compensation. Contact us to discuss the details and cause of the accident.Should I Hire a Lawyer for My Trucking Accident?
After a commercial truck accident in Van Horn, Texas, you might be wondering if you need the help of an attorney. Due to the complicated nature of trucking accidents, it is necessary to have one of our Van Horn accident lawyers on your side. You will need an attorney that can figure out who is negligent, hold them accountable, and fight for your due compensation. After you seek medical attention, contact us at your earliest convenience.
If the truck driver is found negligent, you may receive economic and non-economic damages. These can cover the following:
- Medical expenses. Trucking accidents can cause a variety of injuries that may incur future expenses such as transportation and home modifications, surgeries, and physical therapy. Our Van Horn 18 wheeler accident attorneys will determine the cost of your medical expenses and potential future costs.
- Lost wages. After an accident, you may lose hours from your job. Some accidents might hinder you from doing the same quality of work and leave you with an uncertain career path. If you receive economic damages, your compensation can supplement your lost wages.
- Pain and suffering. PTSD, anxiety, and depression are common after a trucking accident. A simple task such as driving to the store may turn into a burden. You may be entitled to non-economic damages for your pain and suffering.
Although compensation may not be at the forefront of your mind after a commercial truck accident, it can greatly help you and your loved ones with your future expenses.
If your loved one in a truck accident in Van Horn, we can help you seek justice for you and your loved one.Need an Experienced Accident Attorney? Call Carabin Shaw Today
The Van Horn 18 wheeler accident attorneys can help you get the compensation you deserve. Our lawyers understand how traumatic these trucking accidents can be, so we want you to prioritize your physical and mental recovery while we figure out who is at fault. Our firm is committed to helping truck accident victims across Texas. After a commercial truck accident in Van Horn, Texas, call us for a free, initial consultation toll-free at 1-800-862-1260 or at our El Paso office at 915-779-2301.