After a Severe Burn Injury in Broken Arrow Oklahoma
If you have suffered a burn injury in or around Broken Arrow Oklahoma due to the negligence of another, they should be held financially responsible for the pain and suffering that was caused. Recently in the area of Broken Arrow, victims have suffered from apartment fires, home fires, a vehicle explosion, and more. Victims of such accidents should contact a burn injury lawyer as soon as possible to discuss what options are available.
The Oklahoma injury lawyers at Carabin Shaw are able to guide burn victims and their families after a severe burn injury in Broken Arrow Oklahoma. Our law firm offers free case reviews to advise you on your best steps moving forward, and is committed to fighting hard on behalf of our clients.Initial Steps After a Catastrophic Burn Injury 1. Concentrate on Healing & Recovery
After you have been admitted to a hospital or burn unit and are in stable condition, the focus should be on recovering from your injuries. Serious burn injuries can change a victim’s life forever, causing scarring (emotionally and physically), affecting mobility, creating temporary or permanent impairments, etc.
During this time be sure to follow your doctor’s orders and prescriptions, which may include medication, injury care, and physical therapy2. Collect Evidence for a Possible Claim
To help establish your potential case and prove the extent of your damages, it is vital to begin collecting evidence as soon as possible after your serious burn injuries.
Possible evidence may include:
- Medical bills
- Paystubs to illustrate lost wages
- Bills for property damage and repair
- Photographs and/or video of your injuries
- Photographs and/or video of the scene of the accident
- If you were unable to take photos at the time, return to the scene to take detailed photographs when able.
It is also important to write down as much information about the accident as you can remember (time of day, who may have seen the accident and their information, conditions, etc.)3. Determine If You Need a Burn Injury Attorney
Burn injury attorneys in Broken Arrow represent victims who have suffered injuries due to the negligence of another, which may be an individual, a company, a manufacturer, etc. While victims can represent themselves in personal injury cases, we do not recommend it. Attorneys have the knowledge and experience needed to claim the maximum compensation possible, complete necessary paperwork, follow strict deadlines and more.
Lawyers serving Oklahoma know the laws specific to the state. Because rules and regulations vary from state to state, you want to select legal representation who practices in your area.
You may need a Broken Arrow personal injury lawyer if:
- You suffered serious second-degree burn injuries or third-degree burns
- These are considered “severe” or “catastrophic” injuries
- Your burn injuries occurred within two years
- The state of oklahoma mandates that a victim file his/her personal injury lawsuit within this time period
- You believe your burn injuries were caused by the negligence of another
Fault is equated to negligence and liability in personal injury cases. During an investigation of your claim, a lawyer will examine the particular circumstances of your case and determine all at-fault parties. A personal injury attorney will then identify all damages you can claim and present your case to the negligent party and a court if needed.
You, with the help of a qualified attorney, must prove the following
- The defendant (the person or company you believe harmed you) owed you duty of care.
- Duty of care is defined as the legal obligation to a standard of care while performing any actions that may harm others.
- The defendant breached this duty of care.
- The defendant’s actions or inactions caused your burn injuries.
- The defendant incurred damages (monetary, physical, emotional) as a result of the defendant’s negligence.
Your chosen burn injury attorney in Broken Arrow will be able to streamline this process. You have much better odds at a successful case with experienced legal representation.Why Choose the Oklahoma Injury Lawyers at Carabin Shaw
The experienced Broken Arrow personal injury lawyers at Carabin Shaw have over three decades of combined experience in law. We have outstanding past client reviews and an undeniable record of case results to illustrate our abilities.
If you have been injured in Broken Arrow Oklahoma, Carabin Shaw can help. Call our offices at 800-862-1260 to schedule your free case review / initial consultation.