Alamogordo Oilfield Accident | Next Steps for Victims
The oilfield is one of the most dangerous work environments in America. The use of heavy machinery and the intense nature of the job means oil workers in Alamogordo, New Mexico are constantly at risk for serious injuries. If you or a loved one was injured in an oilfield accident in New Mexico, you need to take the proper steps to ensure you get the compensation you deserve. Carabin Shaw is a law firm that has been serving Texans since 1992, and our entire staff has vowed to serve our clients the best we can. If you or a loved one is an Alamogordo oilfield accident victim, we are here to help you take the right steps toward your justice.Steps to Take After an Accident
When an oilfield employee is involved in an accident, there are certain steps victims must take to have the best chance at maximizing their case. The following are what an Alamogordo, New Mexico work injury attorney would advise you to do after an accident:
1. Notify Your Supervisor - If you are able, it’s important to notify your employer immediately after the accident. Notifying your supervisor can help prove the timing of your accident in a court of law, and if your oilfield injuries would fall under workers’ compensation laws, notification may be a requirement. It also draws a direct link between any injuries you sustained during the accident and the accident itself. To learn more, consult an attorney.
2. Seek Medical Care - Treating your injuries is vital for your well-being. Official documentation in your medical records will also play an important role in proving medical damages in your case. Just like notifying your supervisor, seeking immediate medical care after your oilfield accident in New Mexico solidifies the connection between your accident and your injuries.
3. File a Written Report - Although notifying your supervisor is of the utmost importance, a verbal statement of the accident is usually not enough. Be sure to file the proper paperwork to report your accident, which will act as a permanent record of your accident and your injuries. Your Alamogordo, New Mexico work injury attorney will use this report when working your case.
4. Document All Your Evidence - The more documentation you have the better. If you can, take photographs of the scene of the accident. Talk to witnesses and get their contact information and their testimonies. Write down your own recollection of what happened. The more evidence you have, the stronger your case can be. All of this evidence will be useful for your lawyer.
5. Contact a Lawyer - The earlier you begin working with an experienced lawyer, the better chance you’ll have to make the most of your case. Often, the legal window to file for these cases (known as the “statute of limitations”) is shorter than you think, and if you don’t file within that time frame, you could miss out on the compensation you are owed after your oilfield injuries. Your legal representative will know the ins and outs of how a case like yours works, which will make it that much easier for you to deal with this already difficult situation.The Best Next Step
No one should have to go through a tragedy like an oilfield injury or death. If you or a loved one has been injured in an oilfield accident in Alamogordo, New Mexico, you deserve to be compensated for your damages. Our team at Carabin Shaw is here for you. Every lawyer on our staff has tons of experience working cases just like yours. We want to hear your story, understand the circumstances of your case, then formulate a plan with you to get you everything we can. If you are an Alamogordo oilfield accident victim, call us today. An Alamogordo, New Mexico work injury attorney at our firm is ready and waiting to work with you on your case.