Aransas Pass What to do After an Auto Accident?
Motor vehicle accidents are very common. The outcomes can vary from minor “fender-benders” with a small amount of property damage and no personal injuries, to multiple vehicle pile-ups with major property damages and severe injuries or even death. Automobile accidents may have life-changing effects.What Should You do After an Automobile Accident?
What you should do after an automobile accident:
- Make sure to put on your emergency flashers so other drivers will go around you
- Immediately check to see if anyone in your car is injured, and if someone is, call for medical assistance
- Exit your vehicle if it's safe and you're physically able to do so
- Check to see if anyone in the other party’s vehicle is injured, and if they are, call for medical assistance immediately
- Call the law enforcement
- Take photographs of the scene with your smartphone or camera.
- Move your vehicle to the shoulder of the road if you are physically able to do so.
- Exchange names, addresses, telephone numbers and insurance information with the other party.
- Get the names, addresses and telephone numbers of any eyewitnesses so you know who to call if the accident needs to be investigated
- Do not discuss the accident with other drivers or witnesses.
- As soon as you can, write down the facts surrounding the accident, such as the time, the date, weather conditions, and location where the accident occurred.
- If a law enforcement officer is called, stay at the scene of the accident until the responding officer says you may leave.
- Call your insurance company and report the accident
- Call your lawyer if you are injured or the damages are extensive.
- If you have been injured in an automobile accident due to someone else’s careless actions, you have rights under the law. You need to be sure your rights are protected so you don’t end up paying- financially and personally- for someone else’s careless actions.
The Law Office of Carabin Shaw stresses integrity and personal service special to each case we take on. we will take the time needed to explain the legal processes of your case to you in detail so you stay involved every step of the way. If we feel like we need to make a costly expense - out of our pocket - we will consult you first and explain to you why we think it will improve the outcome of your case. Our attorneys work on a contingent fee basis which means if we don't come to an acceptable outcome you won't owe us a legal fee.
FREE CONSULTATION ▪ SE HABLA ESPAÑOL ▪ CONTACT US DAY OR NIGHT: 800-862-1260
the law office of Carabin Shaw has been serving the people of Aransas Pass since 1992. We have the experience and resources necessary to provide you the serenity and outcome you deserve. Our lawyers are ready and willing to meet with you in person at our branch office right here in Aransas Pass, in your home or in the hospital to discuss your legal rights with you in English or Spanish. Call us today at 800-862-1260 to receive your free consultation. We look forward to serving you.