Are You a Victim of an 18 Wheeler Jack-Knife Accident in New Mexico?
Severe injuries are likely to occur during an 18 wheeler accident. These accidents can sometimes be fatal due to the sheer weight and size of the semi truck compared to the passenger car counterpart. These types of accidents are likely to occur on major highways or rural roads during the hours of dawn and dusk, in areas much like Las Cruces. Accidents, such as jack-knifing, have the potential to harm many. Are you a victim of an 18 wheeler jack-knife accident in New Mexico? If so, consider working with a lawyer from Carabin Shaw.Common Causes of Trucking Accidents
Trucking accidents are more severe than passenger car accidents because of the grand difference in size between the vehicles. Semi operators have a duty to drive and maintain their rig safely. Not doing so can result in severe accidents. Common causes of Las Cruces 18 wheeler accidents may include:
- Driver Error: A driver of either vehicle—the passenger car or the 18 wheeler—may commit distracted driving, driving under the influence, driving while tired, or practicing aggressive driving can lead to an accident
- Inclement Weather: Poor weather such as heavy rain or snowfall can lead to slower break times, obstructed vision, and drifting
- Improper Cargo Loading: Improper loading techniques can result in the cargo dissembling or spilling onto the road.
If you are a victim of an 18 wheeler accident, consider filing a case with a trucking accident lawyer in Las Cruces. You can mitigate collisions by practicing safe driving techniques, such as defensive driving, leaving enough space for other vehicles, and by slowing down during rough weather.Common Types of 18 Wheeler Accidents
Semis provide an invaluable service in delivering goods across the country. This job requires drivers to use busy highways and quiet, rural roads. Regardless of location, however, these types of accidents can occur:
- A jack-knife happens when a truck comes to an abrupt stop and causes the trailer to swing to a 90-degree angle.
- A rollover occurs when a driver loses control of their rig and topples over.
- Rear-end accidents happen when a heavy commercial motor vehicle does not have enough time to brake effectively.
- An underride occurs when a semi truck abruptly stops, and cars coming from behind become lodged underneath the rig.
- Wide turns can cause semis to turn into other vehicles.
Many Las Cruces 18 wheeler accidents result in severe injury or fatalities. If you were involved in a trucking accident, think about speaking to a lawyer about the crash. You may be eligible to receive financial compensation.What To Do After an Accident
Las Cruces truck accident lawyers recommend getting professional legal help after an accident, especially if you have retained injuries from the incident. An attorney may insist that you retrieve any medical bills, diagnosis, or treatments that you have undergone due to the accident. Additionally, you may be eligible to receive compensation for missed wages due to missed work. It is within your best interest to work with New Mexico 18 wheeler accident lawyers because they understand the statute of limitations, or time limit of when you can file a lawsuit. In New Mexico, the statute of limitations for personal injury lawsuits is three years from the accident, which means you have three years to file with a trucking accident attorney near you. Las Cruces 18 wheeler accidents can be intimidating, but do not be scared to act.Who You Can Call
If you are searching for “semi truck accident lawyers near me,” then call Carabin Shaw. With offices serving the greater El Paso area, including Las Cruces, our team has unparalleled experience with personal injury lawsuits. You have the potential to gain compensation for your injuries and lost wages. The Las Cruces truck accident lawyers at our office are eager to help you with your case and secure the justice you deserve. Call our attorneys today at 915-779-2301 or toll-free at 1-800-862-1260.