Bastrop Workers’ Compensation Lawyers
A serious workplace injury can leave a family financially devastated without warning. After an accident at work, you could be left with a stack of medical bills and no way to earn wages while recovering. The best way to address the unforeseen costs of a work injury is to file a workers’ comp or personal injury claim. However, doing so is easier said than done. Without the help of an experienced attorney, you could see your claim answered with an insufficient settlement or denied outright.
For assistance, look to the Bastrop attorneys at Carabin Shaw. Our legal team specializes in workers’ comp claims, and their counsel will improve your chances of receiving a settlement that you deserve. For some one-on-one advice on how to proceed after your injury, you can schedule a free, no-obligation initial consultation and case review by calling 1-800-862-1260. Our English- and Spanish-speaking telephone staff is available to take your calls 24/7.What is the Difference Between Workers’ Comp and Personal Injury Claims?
After a workplace injury, you will have to file either a workers’ compensation or personal injury claim. While these may sound like two different names for the same thing, they are significantly different. A work injury attorney in Bastrop, Texas can see you through the process of either type.
Free Case Review at Carabin Shaw | Expert Work Injury Lawyers
- Workers’ compensation claims are handled internally through company insurance. You must file a workers’ comp claim within 30 days of your injury, schedule a visit with an insurer-approved doctor and provide your company with your doctor’s contact information. Your employer will stay in touch with your doctor to ensure that you are complying with their instructions for recovery.
You do not have to prove fault on the part of your employer to receive a workers’ comp payment. A successful claim will address your medical bills and see that you do not have to perform strenuous physical tasks at work until you are recovered. However, you will not receive coverage for non-economic damages.
Your company may try to limit your payment through a variety of means. A Bastrop workers’ compensation lawyer can advocate on your behalf and ensure that your employer takes your claim seriously.
- Unlike most states, Texas does not require employers to provide workers’ comp coverage. If your company does not subscribe to workers’ comp insurance, you will have to file a personal injury claim to recover damages. Personal injury claims are more complicated than workers’ comp claims, but they can result in larger settlements.
For your personal injury claim to be successful, you will have to show that your injuries were the result of your employer’s negligence. A company can exhibit negligence in several ways, including:
- Failing to give employees adequate safety training
- Failing to maintain and repair machinery
- Failing to address hazardous leaks and spills
- Failing to properly supervise the worksite
- Failing to provide employees with necessary protective gear
- Pressuring employees to work beyond allotted hours
A Bastrop lawyer who specializes in personal injury claims can help you present compelling evidence that your employer is at fault for your injuries. If your claim is successful, you could stand to receive compensation not only for your financial losses but for non-economic damages, including pain and suffering and loss of enjoyment in life.
Whichever type of claim you are filing, a Bastrop Tx injury lawyer who specializes in workplace accidents can ensure that it is in the best hands possible.
Carabin Shaw’s legal team has years of combined experience representing clients who are seeking compensation after a workplace accident. If you are ready to begin pursuing your claim, or if you have any further questions, set up your free consultation by calling 800-862-1260. For some insight into the experience of working with our team, take a look at Carabin Shaw’s client reviews.