Burn Injuries from the Negligence of Others
A staggering 1.1 million burn injuries will require medical treatment every year; furthermore, burn injury data suggests that fifty percent of all these injuries are preventable. Sadly, Pasadena victims are injured or killed in these entirely preventable burn accidents every year due to the negligence of others. These burn injuries can cause local families immense pain and suffering coupled with enormous medical bills.
Are you one of the more than one million Americans who suffer burns every year? If you were not solely responsible for the cause of your burn injuries, you may qualify to seek financial compensation with the help of a burn injury attorney in Pasadena. Your lawyer will help you to identify the negligent parties who caused your burn accident injuries and hold them financially accountable for your physical, financial, and emotional damages.Who Can Be Held Liable for Pasadena Burn Injuries?
Establishing liability in your burn injury lawsuit will make all the difference in your settlement amount. Simply put, if you have suffered burn injuries from the negligence of others, these parties can be held financially liable for the consequences of their negligence. More specifically, your Pasadena personal injury lawyer will need to establish that:
- The defendant owed you (the plaintiff) a burden of care.
- The defendant breached this duty of care through negligence or wrongful act.
- Your burn injuries were a direct result of the defendant's negligence or wrongful act.
- The defendant can be held legally responsible according to Texas law.
Negligence can be difficult to satisfactorily prove in a court of law, so you will need an experienced burn injury attorney to establish the liable parties in your burn injury claim. Once your attorney has proven that the defendant directly caused your burn injuries, they can then argue for a fair financial settlement.Common Burn Injuries Caused by Negligence
Burn injuries resulting from negligence take many forms. Victims can be injured in their own homes, local businesses, or the workplace. Some common scenarios include:
- Landlords found liable for tenants’ burn injuries after failing to provide working smoke alarms in all rental units
- Business owner found liable for customers’ burn injuries due to blockage of fire exits
- Appliance manufacturers held liable for customers’ burn injuries after failing to ensure safety of their products
- A drunk driver found responsible for causing an accident that resulted in victims trapped in a burning vehicle
- Employers/coworkers found responsible for creating unsafe workplace environments leading to burn injuries
- A technician found responsible for electrical burns incurred due to their failure to properly insulate electric currents
- Childcare worker found liable for a child’s scalding injury
There are a variety of burn accidents that qualify victims to file a personal injury lawsuit against the liable parties. Whoever was responsible for your burn accident, you deserve fair compensation for the full extent of your injuries.Texas Burn Injury Lawyers at Carabin Shaw
If you or a loved one have suffered a burn injury due to the negligence of others, contact a qualified burn injury attorney in Pasadena to explore your options. The Texas burn injury lawyers at Carabin Shaw are dedicated to representing the best interests of Pasadena burn victims and their families. For nearly thirty years, our team has helped accident victims statewide receive fair compensation for their injuries. From the consultation to the courtroom, we believe the client comes first.Free Case Review
If you would like to schedule your no-cost, no-obligation initial consultation with the Pasadena personal injury lawyers of Carabin Shaw, call our office toll-free today at 1-800-862-1260 or fill out our online form. We would be honored to help you get the settlement you deserve.