10 Best Attorney Client Satisfaction
Google verifed reviews
BBB - Acredited Business A+
Texas Trial Lawyers Association
AVVO Rating - James Michael Shaw 10.0

Burn Injury Accidents in Edmond Oklahoma

Burn injuries are some of the most common injuries in the United States. For example, between 2011 and 2015, almost half of a million people were treated in emergency rooms for burn injuries. If you or a loved one has suffered a severe burn injury in Edmond Oklahoma, it's time to contact a team of Edmond injury attorneys to help you establish damages, liability, and fault in your case.

Recovery from a severe burn injury takes a significant amount of time, and victims deserve to focus on their recovery. An experienced attorney can help you navigate the process while you prioritize your health.

Common Causes of Burn Injury Accidents in Oklahoma

The most common causes of burn injury accidents in Oklahoma include the following:

Auto Accidents

Many burn injuries occur as the result of an auto accident. If you were severely burned in a car wreck, you'll need a lawyer to help you navigate the legal process. In these situations, insurance companies may approach you with a settlement offer. It's best to contact an Edmond burn accident lawyer before accepting any offer from an insurance company. Often, these early offers won't cover all of your expenses or damages.

Structure Fires

Another common cause of burn injuries in Oklahoma is structure fires. Structure fires can start due to electrical issues, a stovetop left burning, and more.

In Oklahoma, there's a rule known as the modified comparative fault rule. In cases of structure fires, there may be multiple people or entities responsible for the accident. In these cases, each responsible party will pay damages based on the percentage responsible the court finds them.

For example, consider a situation where you are injured in a structure fire in Oklahoma. Your damages amount to $100,000. Throughout the legal process, your lawyer establishes that your property manager was 75% responsible for the fire while a neighbor's negligence is responsible for the other 25% of the fire. In this case, you would receive $75,000 from the property manager and $25,000 from the negligent neighbor.

Chemical Exposure

Another common cause of severe burn injuries in Oklahoma is exposure to dangerous chemicals. Some household chemicals such as bleach can result in severe burns. However, if you work with dangerous chemicals, you may be even more at risk to suffer chemical burns. The team of Oklahoma burn injury lawyers at Carabin Shaw can help you navigate the legal process if you were injured at work.

Keep in mind that if your employer has workers' compensation insurance, you may not be able to recover damages from them, even if you were severely burned at work. However, Edmond injury attorneys may be able to make a case against another responsible party, such as a negligent coworker or the manufacturer of faulty equipment.

How Much Is My Burn Injury Worth?

Personal injury claims vary widely. Unfortunately, there's no way to know exactly how much your burn injury claim is worth until the full extent of your injuries and required treatment is known. In Oklahoma, there's a two-year statute of limitations on personal injury claims.

An Edmond burn accident lawyer will be able to help establish your damages, which could result in compensation for the following:

  • Current and future medical expenses
  • Lost ability to earn an income
  • Severe disability
  • Permanent disfigurement or scarring
  • Pain and suffering
  • Lost wages
Help Is Available for Oklahoma Burn Victims | Free Case Review

If you or a loved one has suffered a severe burn injury in Edmond Oklahoma, you should contact the Oklahoma burn injury lawyers at Carabin Shaw. Every client receives a free initial case consultation.

Your attorney will review your medical records, witness statements, and any other applicable materials to investigate and establish the cause of your injuries. Contact Carabin Shaw any time at 800-862-1260.

Visits with the Attorney are by appointment only. Main office San Antonio, Texas.

Client Reviews
We are very glad we called Carabin Shaw after our accident. We now recommend them to everyone. - Griselda S.
You want Carabin Shaw on your side after an accident. They were excellent. - Valerie S.
In our opinion, no one is better, Carabin Shaw is the Law Firm you want on your side after an accident. - Amanda G.
The attorneys and staff went out of their way to help us after our accident. Thank you Carabin Shaw. - Melinda F.
We did our research after our accident and chose Carabin Shaw. They were great. Highly recommend. Joel Y.