Carbon Monoxide Poisoning in Hotels and Motels in Fort Worth
Guests in Fort Worth, Texas hotels and motels are at risk for serious injury or even death. This risk has been present for several years, but is becoming an increasing problem leading state lawmakers to weigh in on a solution. The safety threat is the leading cause of poisoning deaths across the country: carbon monoxide.
Carbon monoxide poisoning in hotels and motels in Fort Worth is the silent killer in the hospitality industry. Hundreds of guests, employees, and first responders have been affected. Some of the victims have even experienced permanent impairment as a result.
Travelers don’t expect to be the victims of carbon monoxide poisoning - perhaps they are in town on business. Maybe they’re only passing through. They may even be on vacation. Hotel and motel guests just want to find a place to rest and relax during their stay in Fort Worth, Texas.CO Detectors not Required in Texas Hotels and Motels
The problem is some hotels and motels in Fort Worth don’t take the necessary precautions to ensure the safety of their guests against carbon monoxide poisoning. Sadly, while smoke detector installation is mandated across the country, only about a fourth of the states require the installation of carbon monoxide detectors.
The detectors are relatively inexpensive, yet hotels and motels have been slow to voluntarily take this important step, even if it puts guests at risk for carbon monoxide poisoning in hotels and motels in Fort Worth. This may leave guests uncertain about their personal safety and they may not even realize they are at risk until it’s too late.
No one should be put at risk for carbon monoxide poisoning in hotels and motels in Fort Worth. But, if you or a loved one have been the victim of carbon monoxide poisoning, you should contact an attorney immediately.Holding Texas Hotels Accountable
Many cases of carbon monoxide poisoning in hotels and motels in Fort Worth are the result of faulty equipment, most often pool heaters. If they have functioned in such a way that they release carbon monoxide into guest rooms, the hotel or motel could be considered liable for any injuries or deaths. If you or someone you love has been affected by carbon monoxide during a recent hotel stay, an experienced attorney will be your best option to hold the responsible party accountable.
Hotels and motels are expected to maintain their properties and all related equipment in safe working condition, but this is not the case among those who have fallen victim to carbon monoxide poisoning. An attorney with the proper experience and skill can determine the root cause of the problem and will make sure your rights to compensation are protected.Free Initial Consultation: Trust Carabin Shaw
The Fort Worth accident attorneys of Carabin Shaw have decades of experience helping people who have been injured in a wide variety of accidents, including carbon monoxide poisoning. Each of our lawyers works diligently to make sure our clients have a voice in the legal system.
Specifically, our carbon monoxide poisoning lawyers understand the complexities involved with these types of cases. They leverage their resources and experience to determine who should be held accountable for your injuries.
You can call our office today and schedule a free consultation with one of our attorneys to discuss the details of your case. When you decide to let us work for you, we will never charge you any fees until we win your case.
Call the Fort Worth injury lawyers of Carabin Shaw today.