Cases of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning in Albuquerque Hotels and Motels
Hotel and motel guests in Albuquerque, New Mexico are at risk for serious injury or even death by an unknown, silent killer: carbon monoxide. For longer than some may realize, travelers and workers in hotels and motels have fallen victim to the invisible, tasteless, odorless gas that takes the lives of tens of thousands of people every year. What is the reason for these cases of carbon monoxide poisoning in Albuquerque hotels and motels?
In states across the country, people have permanent damage to their health and some have even lost their lives due to carbon monoxide. Many incidents in Albuquerque, New Mexico have occurred because of poorly maintained equipment, often related to a swimming pool heating unit. What makes this problem particularly troubling is that while hotels and motels are required in all fifty states to have smoke detectors installed, only about a third of the states have any requirement for carbon monoxide detectors.Carbon Monoxide Regulations in New Mexico
Although the Albuquerque, New Mexico fire code strongly recommends it, there is no requirement mandating the installation of carbon monoxide detectors. This leaves residents at the mercy and good will of hotel and motel owners. Unfortunately, many of them forego installing such equipment, putting lives at risk and leading to avoidable cases of carbon monoxide poisoning in Albuquerque hotels and motels.
When a business fails to take reasonable precautions to protect its guests and workers, that business could be legally responsible for ensuing injuries or loss of life. Albuquerque personal injury lawyers are often called upon to assist those who have been affected by the negligent actions of a business. We would encourage anyone who has been the victim of carbon monoxide poisoning in a hotel or motel to contact an attorney immediately.Suspect CO Poisoning? Contact a Lawyer
Carabin Shaw’s carbon monoxide poisoning lawyers in Albuquerque are concerned about the increasing number of cases of carbon monoxide poisoning in Albuquerque hotels and motels. Given the absence of a legal requirement to install detectors, it’s inexcusable that hotels and motels would disregard the safety of their guests and employees by not keeping their equipment working properly.
As the victim of negligent behavior on the part of a hotel or motel, you deserve to have an advocate for your rights. At Carabin Shaw, our attorneys are ready to bring our skill and experience to make sure you receive the compensation to which you’re entitled.
Proving the negligence of a business in Albuquerque, New Mexico can be an uphill battle. Hotels and motels will often employ the services of lawyers to protect their interests. This is why you should never consider going through this on your own. When you contact the Albuquerque accident attorneys of Carabin Shaw, you can rest knowing that you will have someone committed to working on behalf of your best interests.Free Initial Consultation to Review Your Case
Your first step is to schedule an appointment with one of our attorneys for a free consultation. There is no obligation, and this gives us the opportunity to review the details of your case so we understand how best to proceed. When you decide to let us work for you, all of our lawyers work on a contingency fee basis. This means that you are never charged a fee until we win your case.
Call Carabin Shaw today, toll free at 800-862-1260.