Commercial Vehicle Accident Attorneys in Las Cruces
Commercial vehicle accidents in Las Cruces come in different forms. For example, you might have been injured while driving a company car for your employer, or maybe you were injured by a commercial vehicle. In both cases, it is important to contact a Las Cruces commercial vehicle accident lawyer as soon as possible to begin exploring your options. A qualified commercial vehicle accident lawyer can help you to receive financial compensation for your injuries.What Makes Commercial Vehicle Accidents Different Than Other Collisions?
While there are some similarities between commercial vehicle and general automobile accidents, there are some key differences in both the damages sustained and the issue of liability. Some of the key trademarks of a commercial vehicle accident claim include:Severity of injuries
- Injuries sustained in commercial vehicle accidents are exponentially more severe than those sustained in other types of collisions. The danger of these accidents is caused first and foremost by the sheer size of most commercial vehicles such as semi-trucks or 18-wheelers.
- While many victims of automobile accidents often survive their collisions, the fatality rate for 18-wheeler collisions is alarmingly high. Injuries such as spinal fractures, head trauma, broken bones, loss of consciousness, and loss of mobility are also common injuries sustained in commercial vehicle collisions.
- In a normal collision, drivers are held exclusively liable for their part in the accident. However, if a driver is driving a company car, their employers could be held vicariously liable for their employee’s actions. When an employee is driving a company car, they are operating under the orders of their employer and are therefore acting as an agent of the employer.
- Because it can be difficult to determine whether liability for the accident rests completely on the employee or employer (“respondeat superior”), financial settlement negotiations for commercial vehicle accident claims can be far more complicated than other accident claims. However, an experienced Las Cruces truck accident attorney can help to clearly establish issues of fault. You will need an attorney who specializes in commercial vehicle accident law
- Because commercial vehicle accident law differs considerably from general accident law, it is important to search for an experienced Las Cruces commercial vehicle accident lawyer to represent your claim. Because these lawyers have worked with clients just like you, they are more likely to have the needed expertise to navigate the complications of establishing fault and negotiating financial settlements in a commercial vehicle accident claim.
Commercial vehicle accidents present their own set of unique challenges, but commercial vehicle accident attorneys in Las Cruces are available to help guide accident victims and their families through the process towards receiving financial compensation for your injuries. At Carabin Shaw, we know the aftermath of commercial vehicle accidents can be painful for victims and their families, so we offer the best legal representation and highest quality customer service available.Contact New Mexico Attorney James Shaw For a Free Initial Consultation
If you or a loved one have been injured in a commercial vehicle accident, contact the offices of New Mexico attorney James Shaw to learn more about your options. Call toll-free today at 1-800-555-0101 to schedule your no-cost, no-obligation initial consultation.
One of the founding partners of Carabin Shaw, Las Cruces truck accident attorney James Shaw has represented families like yours for nearly three decades. Under the direction of James Shaw’s leadership, Carabin Shaw has developed its reputation as a “client-first” firm that stands up for commercial vehicle accident victims. If you would like to learn more about attorney James Shaw, visit his page. Our customer service representatives would be happy to answer any questions you may have and to guide you towards the appropriate resources.