Common Causes of 18 Wheeler Accidents in San Angelo
When you get in your car to head out on the road, you never expect to get into a wreck. Unfortunately, when you’re on a San Angelo highway alongside 18 wheelers, it’s always a frightening possibility. 18 wheeler drivers drive negligently due to a variety of factors, and the size of their big rig in comparison to a passenger vehicle makes them especially dangerous. If you or a loved one was injured or killed in an 18 wheeler accident, you’re probably searching for a “trucking accident lawyer near me.” An attorney can help you make your case. Our team at Carabin Shaw cares deeply about getting victims the justice they deserve, and we vow to listen to your circumstances and fight for you until you are satisfied with your outcome.What Causes 18 Wheeler Accidents?
Knowing the possible reasons for an 18 wheeler accident is a vital first step to making the most of your case. Below are the most common causes of 18 wheeler accidents in San Angelo:
- Trucker negligence - An experienced San Angelo injury attorney knows the number one reason trucking accidents happen is because of truck driver negligence. Often, truckers drive long hours through the night, making them fatigued. On these extended drives, truckers may also be tempted to use electronics and drive distracted. Sadly, truckers are also sometimes substance abusers, and that can be a hazard for everyone on the road. Talk to a San Angelo 18 wheeler accident lawyer if a trucker’s negligence caused your accident.
- Trucking company negligence - Sometimes, the trucking company’s reckless policies or actions can be the cause of a trucking accident in San Angelo. If a company forces a driver to log more hours than they should, or if they neglect routine inspections in favor of getting another shipment on the road, it could have disastrous consequences.
- Poor weather conditions - Poor weather conditions make it harder to drive any vehicle. For an 18 wheeler, bad weather means a driver must drive even more cautiously. Rain, sleet, and snow can limit visibility, and these conditions also make it harder for a truck driver to make a sudden stop if necessary. Speak with a lawyer if your wreck was caused by poor weather. To know who could be held responsible in your case, Google a “trucking accident lawyer near me.”
- Maintenance Issues - If an accident with an 18 wheeler happens because of maintenance issues, a number of parties could be at fault. Determining who to hold liable is best left to a San Angelo injury attorney. Trucking companies are required to ensure the safety of all their vehicles. If they don’t, they could be held responsible. However, if a truck was being serviced and the mechanic did not properly do his job, he may be at fault. Lastly, if the truck wreck was caused by a part malfunction, the manufacturer would be at fault.
- Improperly Loaded Cargo - When loading cargo into a large commercial vehicle, shipping companies are responsible to safely secure their cargo. If they don’t, the contents could shift on the road, causing the driver to lose control of the vehicle. If you have questions, consult a San Angelo 18 wheeler accident lawyer.
An 18 wheeler accident can be an overwhelming experience. The injuries, the trauma, the bills, and the uncertainty about whether you’ll receive proper compensation—they all take a toll. But at Carabin Shaw, we are here for you. Every lawyer on our staff knows what it takes to beat 18 wheeler companies and get you the compensation you deserve. We know the common causes of 18 wheeler accidents in San Angelo, and we know who to hold liable to get you justice. When you are searching for a “trucking accident lawyer near me,” you’ve found your answer. An attorney at our firm would love to help you today.