Common Causes of Auto Accidents | Crystal City Attorneys
You never see them coming, but they often have lasting effects on your life. Car crashes in Crystal City, Texas can be devastating, and can happen for a variety of reasons. If you have been injured recently in an auto accident in Crystal City, contact the expert lawyers at Carabin Shaw to get help. Our team of Crystal City car accident lawyers has worked on countless cases in Texas, and has seen many of the same situations come up again and again.
In the following article we will look at some common causes of auto accidents, which will help you navigate the difficult journey you have ahead of you as you recover your health and consider filing a claim.What Kind of Driving Causes A Car Crash?
Although every situation is different in its specifics, the Crystal City injury attorneys at Carabin Shaw have identified the following common causes of auto accidents:
- Driver fatigue: According to the CDC, drowsy driving is a major cause of accidents, and can be as dangerous as driving while under the influence. Many drivers have fallen asleep at the wheel at some point in their lives, and it is almost sure to result in catastrophe.
- Distracted driving: If you’re driving while on the phone, or while texting, for example, you are not giving your complete attention to the road, which can easily cause an accident.
- Speeding: By not following the posted speed limit, you are endangering the lives of all other drivers, passengers, and pedestrians on the road. If this came up in your situation, make sure to mention to your attorney that the other driver was speeding.
- Aggressive and reckless driving: If you, for example, follow the car in front of you too closely, you may not have enough time to stop if they brake unexpectedly, causing a rear-end, or worse. Reckless driving also includes not following the rules of the road, such as not using turning signals, changing lanes haphazardly, or making illegal U-turns.
- Driving while under the influence of alcohol or drugs: Although most are familiar with the dangers of this action, people still drive while intoxicated. It still remains a major cause of accidents across the country.
Sometimes, accidents happen even though everyone on the road is driving carefully. According to our team of Crystal City injury attorneys, here are some factors that are out of drivers’ control, such as bad weather, or poor driving conditions:
- Rain: In heavy rain, the wet, slippery roads can cause vehicles to hydroplane or skid. Losing control of your car is scary and dangerous.
- Fog: When heavy fog limits visibility on the road, drivers should slow down and drive very cautiously. Accidents happen all too frequently on roads where drivers can’t see each other, or have trouble judging the distances between objects due to fog.
- Snow and ice: Similar to heavy rain, there can be very slick roads when it snows, and when the snow melts, it often refreezes into ice. Black ice is especially dangerous, because drivers often can’t see it until it’s too late. The best thing to do in a snowstorm is to stay in, but if you have to drive in snow or ice, make sure you go very slowly.
- Bad road conditions: Besides being an eyesore, bad road conditions are also a heavy contributor to accidents. Road work, construction sites, potholes, and the like all make safe driving difficult.
If you’ve been injured in an auto accident in Crystal City, you may be considering filing a personal injury claim against the other driver. The Crystal City car accident lawyers at Carabin Shaw have helped crash victims like you for over twenty years, and we have won over $1 billion for our clients. Please call our Crystal City, Texas office at 210-222-2288 to speak with a qualified, compassionate attorney today. We offer free consultations with our lawyers, so you have nothing to lose.