Common Injuries For Oil and Gas Industry Workers | Texas Lawyers
Though the oilfields in Sonora, Texas boost the local economy and bring good jobs with steady pay to the area, they are often dangerous. The fast pace, heavy equipment, and hazardous materials can lead to mishaps. At Carabin Shaw, we have experience addressing worksite accidents and are available 24/7 to answer any questions you might have about the common injuries for oil and gas industry workers. We have served Texas for over 28 years and are here to help you better understand and work through your case.Common Oilfield Accidents
Accidents cause nearly every workplace injury, and many of these errors are the result of overworked or poorly trained employees. A Texas oilfield worker is no exception to this trend. We urge you to contact an attorney if any of these accidents happened to you:
- Explosions or fires:Fire and explosions are a constant concern for oil workers. Flammable gas is nearly everywhere, and electrical or heat sources on the site can ignite it. These sources include friction, open flames, and static electricity. Work accident lawyers in Texas are familiar with this type of claim and are here to support you.
- Heavy equipment failures:Workers on a Sonora, Texas oilfield must operate heavy machinery for many tasks. This equipment can cause severe injury or death if it breaks or is misused. Inadequate maintenance, neglectful safety inspections, overuse, or inexperience can all contribute to heavy equipment failure. If heavy equipment failure caused your injury, a lawyer could help you build a case.
- Slips, trips, and falls:Slips and trips can happen when employees are exhausted and sites are poorly cleaned. Falls are a hazard because oilfield workers often have to work on high platforms. According to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), falls are the leading cause of death in the oil and gas industry. Talk to Sonora injury lawyers if a slip, trip, or fall injured you or led to a loved one’s death.
- Vehicle accidents:Trucking accidents are among the top causes of injuries in the oilfield or near a worksite. Collisions with heavy equipment and crashes with company vehicles or trucks can cause severe damage. If you were injured in a vehicle accident in the oilfield, work accident lawyers in Texas could help you move forward.
If you are a Texas oilfield worker, you do not have to deal with the fallout from an accident alone. A lawyer can help you determine your next steps.Oilfield Injuries
Common injuries for oil and gas industry workers include:
- Bone damage: Oilfield accidents could result in fractures, dislocations, shattered bones, and broken bones.
- Burns and harm to skin: First, second, and third-degree burns, as well as scarring and blistering, are typical in oilfield accidents because of the flammable gas on job sites. Other skin injuries include cuts, bruises, and puncture wounds.
- Head injuries and brain trauma: An oilfield accident, particularly a fall, can cause brain injuries, concussions, and skull fractures.
- Neck and back injuries: A severed spinal cord, broken vertebrae, pinched nerves, paralysis, or whiplash are all neck and back injuries.
- Soft tissue damage: While typically less severe than broken bones, soft tissue injuries can cause a tremendous amount of discomfort and pain. Strains, sprains, and torn ligaments, muscles, and tendons could lead to long-term mobility issues.
If you or a loved one sustained any of the above injuries, or one not listed here, reach out to an attorney. Big oil companies and their insurers will try to minimize your pain. You deserve someone who will advocate for you through that pain. You merit security and justice.Connect with Sonora Injury Lawyers
If you or a loved one suffered a severe injury while working in the oil and gas industry, you do not have to move forward alone. The attorneys of Carabin Shaw are here to fight for you.
For a free consultation today, call 1-800-862-1260 or 210-222-2288.