Common Workplace Hazards in Burleson, Texas, and How to Prevent Work Injuries
Burelson, Texas is at the heart of the industries that keep America going. With over 24,000 residents employed in manufacturing, mining, and retail professions, accidents can and do happen. Knowing how to prevent workplace injuries is the key, however, in the event that an accident occurs, enlisting the help of a skilled attorney is crucial to ensuring that you receive adequate compensation.Common Workplace Accidents and How to Prevent Them
By taking necessary precautions, both employer and employee can help prevent the harmful events listed below:Strains
Strains are the result of overexertion and can cause long lasting injury to muscles and joints, which can impact an employee’s ability to work in the future.
To prevent a strain:
- Practice safe lifting techniques
- Ask for assistance from colleagues when needed
- Utilize aids such as forklifts (after certification) and dollies
If you are injured as a result of your workplace not providing sufficient lifting aids, you should consider enlisting the help of a lawyer.Burns
The burning of the skin is immediately painful and can lead to infection and permanent disfigurement.
According to the World Health Organization (WHO), burns occur in one of three ways:
- Contact with an open flame
- Contact with liquids over 140 degrees Fahrenheit or corrosive chemicals
- Contact with a heated solid
Those working in manufacturing and construction are at a higher risk of incurring a burn and should take the following precautions:
- Ensure that they are provided and wearing protective clothing and eyewear
- Following employer protocol when handling chemicals and heated objects
- Using tongs and gloves when possible
Warehouses and manufacturing centers can be full of complicated machinery. When machinery malfunctions or is not used properly, employees can suffer serious injuries.
To avoid machinery accidents:
- Inspect your equipment before every shift to ensure they are working properly
- Make sure your are up to date on all operating certifications and licenses
- Wear fitted clothing, remove loose jewelry, and tie back hair and beards
To avoid a cut, scrape, or puncture be sure to ensure the following are true before beginning your shift:
- All provided tools and equipment are in good working order
- You have selected the correct tool for the task
- You are using the tool in the way it was intended
- You are wearing the necessary protective garments
The most common and preventable injury are falls, however they are also the most preventable.
To ensure that your workplace is safe, be sure that the following are in place:
- Walkways are clear
- Proper signage notes possible hazard areas
- Slip resistant mats are installed where needed
- Ladders are stable and being used properly
Unfortunately, even when you or your employer have taken every precaution, injuries are not always preventable. In the case that you or your loved one has suffered an injury due to workplace hazards in Burleson, it is important that you have the best legal defense so you can get the compensation you deserve. Our team of dedicated work accident lawyers in Burleson is here to help.
Having someone on your side who is familiar with your situation is vital to the success of your claim. Carabin Shaw workplace injury law firm in Texas has been fighting for the rights of victims of workplace accidents for 28 years. Our history of success can be found in every word of Carabin Shaw’s client reviews.
If you have suffered a Burleson workplace accident don’t wait. Give us a call at 800-862-1260 for a free case review and initial consultation in both English and Spanish. Fighting for you is what we do, that’s why we are available 24/7 for your call.
For more information: