Compensation Available for Dallas for Swimming Pool Accident Victims
Swimming pool accidents in Dallas are often very severe, and although money can never make up for the pain and suffering that comes with a tragic accident, swimming pool accident compensation can help ease the burden of this difficult time. But to get the most from your case, you need an accident lawyer in Dallas on your side. At Carabin Shaw, we’re here for you. Every lawyer on our team is dedicated to helping victims and their families who have experienced serious injury or death in unfortunate circumstances. If you’ve been involved in a swimming pool accident, it’s important to know the compensation available for Dallas for swimming pool accident victims.Who is Liable?
Swimming pool accidents fall under “premise liability” laws, which require property owners to maintain their pool at reasonable levels of safety. It is their duty to warn guests of any hazards or defects and keep their pool safe. If not, they could be held liable.
Who owns the pool will affect how your case should be handled. Below are examples of who can be held liable in a Dallas swimming pool accident:
- Public pools - Patrons at a public pool are considered “invitees” and are therefore owed the highest duty of care by the public pool owners. When accidents happen at public pools, the owner may be found negligent if they have a negligent lifeguard on duty or don’t have one at all. They may also be held liable if the pool isn’t maintained to state and federal regulations. If public pool liability applies to your case, speak with a Dallas personal injury lawyer.
- Private pools - A private pool owner has a duty of care to warn social guests of any potential hazards that are not open and obvious. Private pool owners are held to a lower standard than owners of public pools, but they can still be found liable if they breach their duty of care. To learn more about public and private pool liability, consult an attorney.
- Parts manufacturers - In some cases, parts manufacturers can be held responsible if they supply a faulty part that directly causes a victim’s injury or death.
For personal injury cases, damages are typically divided into two distinct categories: economic damages and non-economic damages. Economic damages include anything that has a direct dollar value on it, such as medical bills or loss of income, whereas non-economic damages are the intangible deficits caused by an injury or death such as loss of enjoyment of life or pain and suffering. If you have questions, please contact a Dallas personal injury lawyer, who can explain this distinction further.
A victim can recover different types of swimming pool accident compensation depending on what kind of injuries they sustain. The following is the array of damages a swimming pool accident victim and their accident lawyer in Dallas can pursue:
- Loss of income
- Past, present, and future medical expenses
- Expenses related to ongoing rehabilitation and therapy
- Emotional distress
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of future earning capacity
- Funerary costs
Knowing which damages to pursue depends on the circumstances of your case. Talk to an experienced attorney who can review your case and help you win the compensation you deserve.How to Win Your Case
After a swimming pool accident, it’s important to seek compensation. You deserve to be recouped for your damages. Speaking with a seasoned lawyer can ensure you have the best chance possible to win your case. They will know what compensation available for Dallas for swimming pool accident victims applies to your circumstances and how to pursue it. Our team at Carabin Shaw has won over $500 million for our clients, and we’ve won that because we put all our energy into every case we work. Don’t leave justice up to chance. Get the help you need to maximize your case. Talk to an accident lawyer in Dallas today, by calling us toll-free at 1-800-862-1260.