Compensation Available to Louisiana Swimming Pool Accident Victims
Louisiana summers can be miserable without having the opportunity of cooling off in a swimming pool. But pools can be dangerous; around the United States every year, thousands of people are injured in swimming pool accidents. This fun, summer-time staple can turn into a tragedy quickly due to common swimming pool accidents.
Accidents at swimming pools can have lasting mental and physical effects. Did you know there is compensation available to Louisiana swimming pool accident victims? If you or a loved one is suffering, a pool accident attorney may be able to get you compensation to pay for medical bills, lost wages, and mental anguish. The attorney of Counsel, Berit Hanna, at Carabin Shaw is passionate about fighting for the rights of her clients. Call Carabin Shaw
today for a free, no obligation consultation with an attorney.Common Swimming Pool Injuries
A swimming pool can be a dangerous place if it is not well maintained and monitored. Even when you take the proper safety precautions and swim with a family member or friend, serious—even life-threatening accidents—can happen. A good swimming pool accident lawyer in Louisiana can help you determine the cause of your or your loved one’s injuries. Here are just a few types of injuries that your lawyer could get you compensated for:
- Slipping and falling
- Broken bones or lacerations
- Diving board injuries
There is also another type of injury known as “secondary,” or “dry” drowning. If your loved one has been revived after nearly drowning, they could still be at risk. As a precaution, seek medical attention immediately even if he or she is acting normal.Causes of Swimming Pool Accidents
What was supposed to be a fun, recreational activity, can turn into tragedy quickly. The injuries above are severe and the party responsible owes you for your suffering. If you or a loved one has suffered any of the above, there is compensation available to Louisiana swimming pool accident victims. You shouldn’t have to suffer financially as well as physically after your accident. In order to determine if there is a negligent party, the site must be examined as soon as possible.
Swimming pool accident lawyers in Louisiana are trained to investigate the cause of the swimming pool accidents. There are many factors at play and only an experienced attorney can help you. Here are some causes of swimming pool accidents:
- Inadequate pool upkeep: Swimming pools systems are complex. There are a number of malfunctions that can occur with heaters, chemical levels, motors, and cleaning systems.
- Faulty or inadequate pool lighting: A damaged light could lead to shock or electrocution.
- Missing or defective pool equipment: The pool owner or property manager is responsible for equipment maintenance and upkeep.
- Missing safety equipment: Life-saving equipment should be present at all times.
- Missing or inadequate pool depth markers: Pool depth should be clearly marked and readable from inside and outside the pool.
- Damaged diving boards, ladders, or steps: All pool entry and exit points should be properly maintained.
- Missing or improperly trained staff: Staff trained in pool maintenance as well as lifeguarding and life-saving techniques should be present.
If you have suffered any of the above while swimming in a pool in Louisiana, seek medical attention immediately, then reach out to Attorney of Counsel, Berit Hanna, at Carabin Shaw. She will determine the negligent party or parties and fight for the compensation you need to fully recover from your injuries. With an experienced swimming pool accident lawyer in Louisiana on your side, you can get your medical bills and living expenses covered. Call a lawyer at Carabin Shaw for a toll-free, no obligation consultation at 1-800-555-0101.