Compensation for Commercial Vehicle and 18 Wheeler Accidents in Texas
It is impossible to ignore the amount of commercial vehicles and 18 wheeler trucks on McAllen, Texas highways these days. The uptick in this type of driving, has led to an increase in traffic accidents, and an accident with an 18 wheeler can be devastating. Due to the size and weight of these trucks, they can cause great damage to you and your vehicle. There are many reasons that these accidents happen, and it is important to have a lawyer on your side to figure out who is liable. If you have been injured in a commercial vehicle or 18 wheeler accident, we have commercial vehicle accident lawyers in McAllen that want to help you.What causes 18 Wheeler and Commercial Vehicle Accidents? Who is Liable?
18 wheeler and commercial vehicle accidents can happen for a number of reasons, but some causes are more likely than others. Here are some common reasons why these accidents happen:
- Driver negligence - This can include fatigue, drug abuse, reckless driving, speeding, and other reckless behaviors.
- Negligent hiring processes - In a commercial vehicle accident, the company is responsible for their drivers’ actions. If they did not thoroughly background check their drivers, they can be held liable for negligent hiring.
- Overloaded cargo - If an 18 wheeler truck was improperly loaded or overloaded, the truck may rollover or spill its contents onto the highway. Trucking companies are responsible for making sure they meet safety standards for their vehicles.
- Defective truck equipment - Manufacturers are responsible for providing safe equipment for trucks and commercial vehicles. If a faulty part was the cause of your accident, our 18 wheeler accident lawyers in McAllen will make sure the truck manufacturer is also held accountable for your injuries.
If any of these causes sound familiar, contact us to talk to one of our McAllen accident attorneys at your earliest convenience. Our lawyers will figure out who is liable for your injuries.Get Compensated for your 18 Wheeler and Commercial Vehicle Accident
Settlements in 18 wheeler and commercial vehicle accidents are typically higher than other car accidents due to the extensive amount of damages. These accidents can result in extreme injuries and even fatalities. Although damages vary from case to case, it is important to know about the types of compensation for commercial vehicle and 18 wheeler accidents in Texas.
- Medical expenses: Medical bills can be quite high due to the catastrophic injuries that occur due to these accidents.
- Lost wages: If you become severely injured in an accident, you might not be able to return to work for months, or at all. This not only affects you, but also your family, if they rely on your income.
- Quality of life: Some accidents may be so traumatic that they leave you with emotional distress and mental anguish. In these cases, our 18 wheeler accident lawyers in McAllen can often help you recover these damages.
After an accident, make sure to keep track of your medical bills, police reports, witness contacts, and photos of the accident scene. This evidence will greatly help your attorney with your claim.
Every accident is different so until you meet with one of our commercial vehicle accident lawyers in McAllen, you won’t know who the liable parties may be.Contact Carabin Shaw Today A Qualified Attorney Can Start Working on Getting Your Accident Case
If you or a loved one have been injured in an 18 wheeler or commercial vehicle accident in McAllen, Texas, you deserve fair compensation for your injuries. At Carabin Shaw, our attorneys are highly qualified and will demand full compensation from the corporations responsible for your injuries.
Have questions about compensation for commercial vehicles and 18 wheeler accidents in Texas? Call us today at (956) 664-7255 to set up a free initial consultation with one of our McAllen accident attorneys. Se habla Español.