The COVID-19 outbreak is affecting every aspect of our society. We hope that you and your loved ones are safe and well during this difficult time. Carabin Shaw was founded more than 25 years ago in order to help people. Today we continue and reconfirm our teams’ promise to our clients across Texas. We remain dedicated to you, the client during this coronavirus situation.
1. Is your office currently open during normal business hours?
Yes, as an essential business we are available 24/7 to discuss your case. We can meet by phone, video conference or in-person.
2. When and how can I contact you?
3. What video chat platforms do you offer for clients?
We can video conference with you via Zoom, Facetime or Skype. If you prefer an in-person meeting, we can make that available using current CDC safety measures.
4. Are you accepting new clients?
Yes, please contact us, we offer free online or phone consultations on your case.
5. How can I get updates regarding the status of my case or legal matter?
As an essential business we are up and running and taking care of you and your case. There are several ways to keep you informed, chat platforms, texting, emails, phone calls are all a part of the service to keep you informed.
6. Are courts of law still open in my area?
Yes, we can file your case. Contact us for more information.
7. Will my court date be rescheduled?
Most trial dates are being reset but the majority are being heard over Zoom. The courts without jury trials are still functioning via video conferencing. The most important matters are being prioritized. Most personal injury cases if having gone to trial are with juries and in that case, they would be rescheduled.
8. What happens if I can’t come to court because I am sick or quarantined?
The case can be reset, call us for more information.
9. Will scheduled depositions, mediation, arbitration, or settlement negotiations occur as planned?
It is business as usual for depositions, mediations, arbitrations and negotiations. All of these are now handled via video chat formats, e-signatures and delivery services. This insures that your case stays on-time and on-track.