Defective Products and Severe Burn Injuries
Every day in Lubbock, people use products in their daily life. When these items such as stoves, cars, and guns function normally, they can greatly enhance our life. However, when these products malfunction, they can cause serious burn injuries.
Almost 50,000 Americans are hospitalized every year due to burn injuries.
If you or a loved one has suffered a burn injury from a defective product, you need Lubbock personal injury attorneys on your side. Our North Texas accident lawyers at Carabin Shaw have been fighting for Texans who have suffered at the negligent hands of another for decades. We know how to build a compelling case to get you the damages you’re rightfully owed.Common Products That May Lead to Burn Injuries
There are a number of products that can lead to burn injuries in Lubbock. Many products that are defective are eventually recalled, but only after there have been numerous reports of injuries resulting from the defect. This after-the-fact recall means many people unnecessarily suffer before defective products are taken off the market.
Below is a list of common products that can cause burn injuries:
- Space heaters
- E-cigarettes and other vaping products
- Lithium batteries
- Propane heaters
- Medical devices and equipment
- Cell phones
- Kitchen appliances
- Power tools
Talk to burn injury lawyers in Lubbock about the defective product that caused your burn injuries.Classifications of Burn Injuries
Burns from defective products can range from mild to severe depending on the circumstances of your accident and the type of product involved. Below are the different categories of burns and their symptoms:
- First degree - First degree burns are the least severe type of burn and only affect the epidermis, the outermost layer of skin. Typically, these burns heal within three to five days and don’t require medical treatment.
- Second degree - More severe than first degree burns are second degree burns, which penetrate the epidermis and impact the dermis, the second layer of skin. These can take weeks to heal, and sometimes require more serious medical treatment.
- Third degree - Third degree burns are extremely dangerous. They burn through both the epidermis and the dermis and further affect the underlying muscles, tendons, and even bone. Usually, third degree burns require skin grafting and cosmetic surgery, and they can be life-threatening.
Speak with an experienced lawyer about the injuries you suffered due to your accident.Product Liability Law, Explained
When designers and manufacturers create products, they have a certain duty of care to uphold to ensure the safety of their customers. Consumers have the right to assume that the products they purchase are safe to use and will not cause them harm when used properly. When defective products cause accidents, the injured party has a right to be compensated for damages.
The definition of a defective product is one that has a design flaw, a manufacturing flaw, or an insufficient warning label. Because there are different parties involved in the manufacturing process, what caused the product’s defect will determine who is responsible. For example, if a design flaw leads to the product’s defect, the designer would be responsible.
When it comes to defective products and severe burn injuries, we know how to hold manufacturers accountable for their actions. Our Lubbock personal injury attorneys can get you the compensation you deserve.Carabin Shaw | Getting the Justice You Deserve
If you or a loved one has suffered burn injuries due to a defective product, you need burn injury lawyers in Lubbock on your side. The north Texas accident lawyers at Carabin Shaw can be there for you to get you justice.Free Case Review
We’ve been named a top 10 law firm in client satisfaction because we always do everything in our power to fight for our clients. For a free consultation with one of our attorneys, call us today at 800-862-1260 or fill out our online form.