Do I Need an Attorney After a Carrizo Springs Auto Accident?
Car accidents are very often terrifying and traumatic events, and they don’t always leave a lot of time for careful consideration of what will happen next. Your first thoughts will of course be about making sure you are safe and treated for any injuries, but soon you may start to wonder, “Do I need an attorney after a Carrizo Springs Auto Accident?” Most likely the answer will be yes, and the lawyers at the Carrizo Springs, Texas office of Carabin Shaw are here to explain why.Why You Should Hire A Personal Injury Attorney In Carrizo Springs
If you’ve been in an auto accident recently, you should not have to face the aftermath alone. You need to concentrate on healing and getting your life back on track — not on filing lawsuits and paperwork. Here are some things that Carrizo Springs auto injury lawyers will help you with:
- Establish liability and fault. One of the most important things in a personal injury claim is determining liability; that is, figuring out who is at fault for the accident. Your attorney will help do this by gathering evidence, including eyewitness testimony, police reports, medical records, and more. In certain circumstances, they may even conduct their own private investigation of the accident to help your case.
- Determine the value of your claim. Once fault has been established, a lawyer will be able to help you determine how much your claim is worth. This means they can estimate how much money you might be able to receive in damages, which include both economic and non-economic damages. Economic damages have a specific value (such as doctor’s bills and lost wages), while non-economic damages do not (such as pain and suffering, or, in rare cases, punitive damages).
- Negotiate a settlement. After helping to evaluate how much money you may be able to seek in damages, a good attorney will help you negotiate a settlement with the opposing parties’ insurance company. The truth is that without a lawyer present, the insurance companies will almost certainly try to settle with you for less than your claim is worth. We want to make sure you get what you deserve.
- Represent you with third parties. If you are contacted by insurance companies, it is best to let your Carrizo Springs auto injury lawyers speak with them—that way you don’t say anything accidentally incriminating that might hurt your case.
- Keep track of deadlines. The statute of limitations on a personal injury case in Texas is two years from the date of the accident. If you don’t file a lawsuit within this time frame, it will be very difficult to win any damages. But your Carrizo Springs auto accident attorneys will ensure you do not miss any deadlines.
- Navigate the complexities of litigation. While personal injury claims are very often settled out of court, there are still many times when a settlement cannot be reached, and the claim goes to court. If so, you will definitely need a lawyer to help file your lawsuit, present evidence, and represent you in court.
If still you’re wondering, “Do I need an attorney after a Carrizo Springs auto accident?” then the odds are that you probably do. However, if you’ve read this article and still aren’t sure, then consider scheduling a free consultation with a qualified law firm so that you can discuss the details of your case in person.
The Carrizo Springs auto accident attorneys at Carabin Shaw are happy to talk through your case with you. We’ve been helping clients like you for over two decades, and we’ve won over $1 billion for our satisfied clients. Call our Carrizo Springs, Texas office today at 210-222-2288 for a free consultation, and you’ll see why we’ve been rated a Top 10 law firm in client satisfaction. Let us help you get the money you deserve.