Experienced Pecos Commercial Truck Wreck Lawyers
West Texas is the home of the Permian Basin, where a drilling boom has increased all types of traffic in the area. Due to the high demand of truck drivers, there are many poorly trained and overworked drivers on the roadways in Pecos, Texas. After a trucking accident, you may have questions about what to do next and whether or not you should seek legal action. The experienced Pecos commercial truck wreck lawyers at Carabin Shaw can guide you through the process of filing a personal injury claim if negligence played a part in your accident. Our lawyers have handled hundreds of trucking accident cases in Texas.Causes of Truck Accidents
Many people are moving across the country to Pecos, Texas due to the high-demand of workers. Unfortunately, some of these drivers may not have the adequate experience necessary or they are pushed to work beyond the maximum number of daily driving hours in Texas.
Here are a few common causes of truck wrecks:
- Inexperienced drivers. After oil prices crashed in 2014, many experienced oil truck drivers returned to their jobs. Now, many oil and gas companies may use negligent hiring practices due to their immediate need for drivers.
- Overworked or fatigued drivers. According to Federal and Texas law, drivers are allowed to drive up to 11 hours. Some employers will pressure their drivers to spend up to 15 to 20 hours on the road. When a driver is fatigued, they are not only a danger to themselves but to other drivers on the road as well. Our Pecos accident lawyers will hold irresponsible oil companies accountable for their negligent actions.
- Poor Truck Maintenance. Due to poor road conditions in West Texas, trucks and 18 wheelers experience more wear and tear. Additionally, many oil companies do not want truck repairs to take up company time and money.
It may be difficult to determine the cause of an accident immediately after it has happened. This is why it is important to talk to one of our Pecos truck accident lawyers because we will investigate what caused your accident and who needs to be held accountable.What To Do After a Trucking Accident
After a 18 wheeler accident in Pecos, it is important to:
- Ensure everyone is safe and call the police to file a report.
- Collect any evidence you can. This includes any witness contacts, photos of the accident, and any debris.
- Seek medical attention. Whether your injuries are major or minor, is it important to go to the doctor. Some injuries go undetected for days or weeks and worsen without medical help. Medical records can also greatly help your case.
- Get in touch with our experienced Pecos accident lawyers. Our attorneys understand how traumatizing the aftermath of an accident can be. We will not rest until we reach a fair settlement for your injuries.
Oil companies often prioritize profits over people. After an accident happens on the job, oil field owners work hard to avoid responsibility. Some may go as far as destroying driving records or training logs to prevent crash victims from claiming damages.
If you have been in a trucking accident, you may receive a call from an insurance company that will try to offer you compensation but it is important not to speak with any insurance adjuster until one of our Pecos truck accident lawyers has thoroughly investigated your accident.Injured in a Trucking Accident? Talk to the Experienced Lawyers at Carabin Shaw
Our experienced Pecos commercial truck wreck lawyers believe that you deserve fair compensation. We want to ensure that justice is served for you and your family. Call us today at 800-862-1260 or reach us at our Midland office at 432-620-0544 for a free consultation with one of our seasoned attorneys. We will answer any questions or concerns you might have about your 18 wheeler accident in Pecos.