Exposed to Carbon Monoxide in a Dallas Hotel or Motel?
As one of the fastest-growing cities in Texas, Dallas, is home to many wonderful tourist attractions. Many people enjoy stays in hotels and motels in the area, but there is a chance you may be exposing your family to harm in the form of carbon monoxide poisoning.
Even in a modern and growing city like Dallas, visitors are in danger of harmful exposure to carbon monoxide when staying at a Dallas hotel or motel. The toxic gas usually comes from antiquated hotel equipment like electric heaters, old boilers, water heaters, gas-powered generators, and fuel-burning furnaces, such as those used to heat large hotel swimming pools.
When equipment and ventilation fall into disrepair, carbon monoxide finds its way through the building and into guests’ rooms, where it can be deadly. Unless a carbon monoxide detector or alarm has been installed in your motel or hotel room, there is no way to know if you and your family are being exposed to the harmful gas until you are already sick, and those who are exposed in their sleep often never wake up.
In the state of Texas, hotels and motels are not required by law to put carbon monoxide alarms in their rooms and suites. This means you and your family may be at risk for carbon monoxide poisoning, especially if your hotel or motel has a large pool or the maintenance has not been kept up to date. Traveling families should take precautions and stay aware of the dangers of being exposed to carbon monoxide in a Dallas hotel or motel.
According to the CDC, more than 400 Americans die from “unintentional carbon monoxide poisoning.” Unintentional poisoning usually means that the proper safety precautions, such as the installation of a carbon monoxide detector or alarm, were not taken and victims were not aware of the danger. However, just because a death is unintentional does not mean that no one should be held responsible. Many unintentional deaths could have and should have been prevented, in the hotel industry, and negligent hotel and motel managers should be held accountable for your loss.
If you have lost a family member or loved one, or suffered injury or illness due to carbon monoxide poisoning, the Dallas accident attorneys at Carabin & Shaw will assist you in holding the person(s) responsible accountable in a court of law. You may be entitled to compensation, and our attorneys will help you get it.
Our lawyers can assist you with your case by evaluating the information you have and whether or not the hotel or motel is at fault. We have access to private consultants right here in Dallas, Texas, who can examine your case, the hotel and conditions, and provide invaluable insight into how to proceed.
Make sure to keep records of the illness or death, as well as receipts or other documentation on your hotel stay, as your case must be able to prove that you were staying in the hotel or motel at the time the incident occurred. Our lawyers can help you find and manage this evidence, as well as gather expert testimony and present your case in a professional and competent manner. By establishing that the hotel was negligent, Carabin & Shaw will help you get the compensation you deserve.
Call our lawyers today for help reviewing your case. Our lawyers will, free of charge and without obligation, evaluate your case and give a private consultation that shows you how to begin the steps necessary to build a case. The Dallas injury lawyers at Carabin & Shaw are trustworthy and will work hard to get you the results you deserve.
If it does happen that you have been exposed to carbon monoxide in a Dallas hotel or motel, carbon monoxide lawyers serving in Dallas, Texas, can and will fight for you. Call Carabin & Shaw today, toll-free for your no-obligation consultation at 1.800.862.1260.