Failure to Treat Coronavirus | Austin Medical Malpractice Attorneys
The coronavirus pandemic is rapidly worsening across America, and so are safety conditions within our nation’s hospitals. Healthcare facilities are understaffed, and doctors are overworked—and when doctors are pushed to their limits, they are far more likely to make mistakes. Medical malpractice is one of the overlooked disasters of America’s current situation. If you or a loved one was injured due to your doctor’s failure to treat coronavirus (or failure to diagnose the condition) in Austin, you may have grounds for an Austin coronavirus lawsuit. Read on to learn about what constitutes medical malpractice, how to contact the best Austin medical malpractice attorneys, and more.What Constitutes Medical Malpractice?
Medical malpractice occurs whenever a hospital, a doctor, or a healthcare professional injures a patient through either a negligent act or a failure to act. This negligence may take the form of misdiagnosis, failure to diagnose, treatment errors, and more.
In order to meet the legal standard of medical malpractice, your attorney must be able to prove all of the following:
- A doctor-patient relationship existed.
- The doctor violated the standard of care within their profession, meaning they did not act as a reasonable doctor in their situation would have acted.
- The doctor’s negligence caused an injury.
- The injury resulted in significant damages.
COVID-19 and Medical Malpractice
Because of the pandemic, there are many situations that may warrant a malpractice claim against your physician or the hospital where you sought treatment. You may have grounds for malpractice if any of the following occurred:
- You went to the ER with COVID-19 symptoms but were not diagnosed and you suffered severe injuries due to the illness
- You were diagnosed with COVID-19 and sent home because you were not deemed sick enough to admit, and suffered serious consequences due to the hospital’s failure to treat coronavirus
- You were in the hospital for during the pandemic and the doctors and nurses treating you lacked proper PPE (personal protective equipment), risking your exposure to the virus
- You were hospitalized for other reasons and contracted COVID-19 during your hospital stay
- You were given an experimental treatment for COVID-19 that caused you harm
- Any of the aforementioned situations happened to your loved one and resulted in their wrongful death
If you think you may have grounds for an Austin coronavirus lawsuit, our expert Carabin Shaw attorneys are here to help. Our team has more than 200 years of combined legal experience, and we’ve been helping Texas victims and their families for more than two decades.
Our award-winning personal injury firm specializes in medical malpractice claims, and we’ve recovered more than $500 million in damages for our clients so far. We’re passionate about defending the legal rights of accident victims, and while we no nothing can make up for the losses you’ve suffered, we want to help you however we can. We can help you understand the full range of your legal options so that you and your family can make the decision that is right for you in this difficult time.
Finally, at Carabin Shaw, we offer all new clients a no cost, no obligation consultation with a knowledgeable, compassionate attorney—so you have nothing to lose by giving us a call and learning how we can help. Call our Austin team today at 1-800-862-1260 for your free consultation with an attorney, and find out what our lawyers can do for you. Let us help you get the justice and compensation you deserve.