Fighting for Injured Oilfield Workers in West Texas
The oil industry in West Texas is booming, employing workers and boosting the economy in cities like Andrews, Texas. There are risks to working in the oilfield, but for many employees, the pros of high salaries and good benefits outweigh the cons. Everyone thinks “that won’t happen to me,” but when an accident happens, it can be a life-changing tragedy. For those working in the oilfield, you need someone who is fighting for injured oilfield workers in West Texas.
Our staff at Carabin Shaw believes in helping victims of oilfield tragedies because we think no one should have to suffer due to someone else’s negligence. Our Andrews work injury lawyers are experienced professionals who first and foremost care about getting the best for our clients. If you need a lawyer, we would love to be on your side.What Causes Oilfield Accidents
The conditions in oilfields are often extreme and require workers to push themselves to the limit of their abilities. The fast-paced environment and harsh working conditions can lead to tragedies. Below are some of the primary causes of accidents in the oil industry:
- Insufficient Training.An oilfield requires focused workers who understand how to operate heavy equipment and follow detailed safety precautions. A minor error in the oil industry can have disastrous consequences. Although proper training is required for the job, sometimes this important step is overlooked in favor of getting people on job sites more quickly.
- Equipment Failure. Maintaining oilfield equipment should always be a top priority. The proper functioning of heavy equipment means safety for everyone present. However, negligent safety inspections happen all too often in order to meet production requirements or as a byproduct of supervisors being stretched too thin. If equipment failure played a role in your accident, talk to an attorney.
- Fires and Explosions.High-pressure systems and ignitable fluids and gases are ubiquitous in the oilfield. A rogue spark from a piece of equipment could lead to an oil well fire, while a pressure safety system failure could cause a gas eruption. The constant danger of fires and explosions make oilfield work susceptible to severe injuries at any moment. Talk to an Andrews oilfield injury lawyer if you have questions.
Oilfield accidents in Andrews, Texas can lead to a number of severe injuries. Below are the most common injuries our Andrews accident lawyers have seen in the West Texas oil fields:
- Broken bones and fractures. Oil rigs can have slick surfaces and multiple levels. These hazards combined with the fast-paced working environment can lead to slips, trips, and falls, which is one of the most common ways employees can break bones on the job.
- Neck and back injuries.If people fall from high platforms or are injured by malfunctioning machinery, oilfield employees can experience neck and back injuries. If your neck or back was injured on the job, contact a lawyer.
- Head injuries.Falling objects or hitting your head after an explosion can cause life-altering, traumatic brain injuries. Visit a doctor if you experienced head trauma in an oilfield accident, then talk to Andrews accident lawyers.
- Chemical exposure. The oilfield has many dangerous chemicals and toxic fumes that employees can be exposed to if safety regulations aren’t met. Consult an attorney if you were exposed to chemicals on the job.
If you’ve been involved in an oilfield accident, you need Andrews work injury lawyers to represent you. Our team is dedicated to fighting for injured oilfield workers in West Texas. At Carabin Shaw, we’ve been voted a top 10 law firm in client satisfaction. Our track record speaks for itself: we’ve won over $1 billion and counting for the Texans we’ve served.
Our lawyers would be happy to give you a free consultation. Call us today at 432-620-0544 or toll-free at 1-800-862-1260 to speak with an experienced Andrews oilfield injury lawyer.