Finding a Lawyer After a Catastrophic Burn in Aurora CO
In November 2020, a family of six in Aurora CO lost everything when their rental home caught fire in the early hours of the morning. Though all of the family members escaped unharmed, their home and possessions were destroyed, including the family’s only vehicle. The family believes the fire was caused by their garage door’s motor; if this proves to be the case, the family may have grounds for a burn injury lawsuit against the garage door motor manufacturer.
This family and any others who have suffered physical injury, loss of property, financial debt, or suffering after a severe burn could benefit from consulting a qualified burn injury attorney serving Aurora CO such as the top Colorado lawyers at Carabin Shaw. If you have questions or concerns related to your burn injury and/or losses, feel free to speak with the customer representatives here on our website or call our office to speak with our staff.Before You Schedule a Consultation
Once you hire representation for your burn injury lawsuit, the burden is off of your shoulders and you can focus on healing from your injuries. However, it is a good idea to take a few preparatory steps before beginning the consultation process.
- Gather any relevant documentation (such as medical bills, insurance correspondence, police report of your accident, etc.) and provide copies for your attorney to review.
- Prepare a list of questions to ask the attorney (as you will have a limited amount of time during your initial consultation).
- Adjust your expectations for a first meeting with a personal injury lawyer. Prepare yourself for the possibility that the attorney may not be able to take your case.
Once you have prepared, it is time to begin the search.What to Look for in a Burn Injury Attorney
The process of finding a lawyer after a catastrophic burn in Aurora CO is often a matter of narrowing down the vast number of local personal injury lawyers to find the right attorney for your burn injury lawsuit. Ideally, your chosen burn injury attorney should have:
- Specialty practice areas in Colorado burn injury law
- Experience representing a variety of Aurora burn victims (particularly victims whose injuries are similar to your own)
- Fair fee structures (most reputable attorneys will offer contingent-fee contracts)
- The time and availability to devote the necessary attention to your burn injury claim
Once you have narrowed down your options, it is time to schedule a case review with the attorney you believe to be the best fit for your claim. Most law firms offer no-obligation consultations so you can meet with an attorney to see if they are a good match before making any legal or financial commitments.
Remember: burn injury attorneys are there to serve your best interests and make sure you get fair compensation for your losses after a severe burn. Therefore, don’t be afraid to ask questions regarding an attorney’s expectations for your case and their plan to win your settlement.The Top Colorado Lawyers at Carabin Shaw | Free Case Review
If you are searching for the highest quality representation for Aurora CO burn injuries, look no further than the firm of Carabin Shaw. Over our three decades representing accident victims and their families, we have recovered millions of dollars in damages and sought justice for our clients. With our team of unstoppable attorneys and staff, we are proud to represent Aurora burn victims.
Interested in scheduling a no-cost, no-obligation initial consultation to review the details of your case with an experienced Carabin Shaw burn injury attorney serving Aurora CO? Call our office toll-free at 800-862-1260 to start your journey towards receiving the compensation you deserve.