Fort Worth Car Accident Statistics
When you’re driving on the roads in Fort Worth Tx, you are constantly at risk of a car crash, even if you don’t realize it. The Dallas metropolitan area is one of the most dangerous places to drive in the nation, ranking fifth overall in traffic fatalities of the largest cities in the United States.
If you or a loved one has suffered injuries in a car crash because of another driver’s negligence, you should search for a “car crash lawyer near me” because you deserve to be compensated for your losses. Our Fort Worth auto injury attorneys at Carabin Shaw have nearly 30 years of experience fighting for victims of car wrecks. We can help you build a compelling case to win every penny that you deserve.Important Car Accident Statistics for the United States and Texas
Although it’s hard to imagine life without the convenience of cars and other motor vehicles, it can’t be denied that the countless car accidents that occur every year in Texas and across the United States are an ongoing tragedy.
Below are some telling car wreck statistics for both Texas and the United States:
- In Texas, there is an average of 250,000 injuries caused by car accidents every year.
- There are approximately 4.5 million accidents every year across the nation that result in injuries that require medical care.
- Car wrecks are the leading cause of death for people under the age of 55 in the United States.
- Of all high-income countries, Americans suffer the most deaths on the roads.
- According to the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT), there was a reportable crash every 58 seconds in Texas in 2018.
Speak With Fort Worth car accident attorneys about your car accident case.The Most Dangerous Areas to Drive in Fort Worth Tx
In Fort Worth Tx, drivers are at risk of a car wreck nearly everywhere they go.
The following are the most dangerous roads and intersections in Fort Worth and other Fort Worth car accident statistics:
- Airport Freeway, where Texas 183 meets Texas 360, was the site of over 100 wrecks in a single year.
- One of the most dangerous intersections in Fort Worth Tx is Riverside Drive at East Lancaster Avenue, which had 126 reported accidents in one year.
- One of the most trafficked intersections in the city, North Freeway (I-35W) and Meacham Boulevard, had 69 wrecks in a one-year period.
- In 2018, there were over 15,000 car wrecks in the Fort Worth area.
- Of all crashes in 2018, there were over 400 suspected serious injuries and nearly 2,000 non-incapacitating injuries.
If your accident occurred at one of the aforementioned dangerous intersections, talk to car accident attorneys in your area.Common Causes of Car Wrecks in Fort Worth
Car accidents in Fort Worth Tx can happen in a number of ways. Unfortunately, many car wrecks are caused by driver negligence, meaning they could have been avoided under different circumstances.
Below are a few of the common causes of car accidents our attorneys see all too often:
- Distracted driving
- Driving under the influence
- Fatigued driving
- Dangerous road conditions
- Poorly maintained roads
- Aggressive or reckless driving
- Defective parts
Talk to a lawyer about the cause of your accident.We’ll Fight for What’s Right After Your Car Accident | Free Case Review
After suffering injuries in a car accident, it’s important to search for a “car crash lawyer near me” to find a law firm that’s a good fit for you. At Carabin Shaw, our Fort Worth car accident attorneys pride themselves on their dedication to our clients.
The Fort Worth auto injury attorneys at Carabin Shaw always take the time to get to know our clients, understand their needs, and listen to the unique circumstances of their case. When we work with accident victims like you, we always promise to do everything we can to help you through this trying time.
Call 800-862-1260 or fill out our online contact form for a free case review.