Have You Been Involved in a Commercial Truck Accident in Pecos, Texas?
Commercial truck accidents happen all too often in Pecos, Texas. Many truck accidents are caused by truck driver error, and if they had been paying attention, a tragedy could have been avoided. That’s not right. Have you been involved in a commercial truck accident in Pecos, Texas? If so, you deserve justice. You need Pecos accident lawyers on your side.
Our staff at Carabin Shaw believes that trucking companies need to pay for the damage they’ve done, so we fight for everyday citizens who are impacted by the negligence of trucking companies. We never represent truckers and their companies; we only represent those injured by them because we believe you should be given the compensation you are rightfully owed.Types of Injuries Found in 18 Wheeler Accidents
Truck accidents are inherently dangerous. When you are involved in an 18 wheeler accident in Pecos, the size of the truck compared to your passenger vehicle can have dire consequences. Below are the most common types of injuries caused by 18 wheeler accidents:
- Traumatic brain injuries - Head injuries are a frequent occurrence in 18 wheeler accidents, and their impact on a victim can range from mild to life-threatening. Sometimes, head injuries don’t surface right away, so it’s always important to visit a doctor after an 18 wheeler accident in Pecos, Texas.
- Burns - Compared to passenger vehicles, trucks have much larger fuel tanks, which means there’s a higher likelihood that a fire can start. When a fire starts from fuel it can cause victims to suffer mild to severe burns. If you were burned in an 18 wheeler accident, talk to a lawyer.
- Neck and spine injuries - Neck and spinal injuries can have lasting impacts on your life. These types of injuries can cause victims to miss work for days, months, or even years. When you experience loss of income from an 18 wheeler accident, you should be compensated. An attorney can help.
After an 18 wheeler accident in Pecos, it’s important that you file within the law’s timeframe. If you miss the deadline, you may not be able to recover damages. In Texas, the window to file (known as the “statute of limitations”) is two years from the date of the accident, though in rare circumstances, you can file beyond that two-year deadline. To learn more, consult Pecos commercial truck accident lawyers.Compensation
When you are injured in an 18 wheeler truck accident, you deserve compensation. The amount you may be awarded depends on the unique circumstances of your case, like the severity of your injuries, the impact the accident has had on your life, and how it has affected your ability to work.
The types of damages you can recover are broken down into two categories: economic damages and non-economic damages. Economic damages are considered damages that have a calculable monetary value, like medical bills, whereas non-economic damages are those that have an intangible value, like pain and suffering. If you have questions, a lawyer can answer them.
Below are common types of compensation you can seek following a wreck with an 18 wheeler:
- Present and future medical expenses
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Present and future loss of income
- Mental anguish
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of enjoyment of life
Let Pecos accident lawyers review your case to let you know what types of damages apply to your case.What To Do Next
After an 18 wheeler accident in Pecos, you need help you can rely on. Our team at Carabin Shaw has won over $1 billion for our clients, which is how you know that we know what it takes to beat 18 wheeler companies and make them pay. Our Pecos commercial truck accident lawyers are the best in the business. Have you been involved in a commercial truck accident in Pecos, Texas? Then call us at 1-800-862-1260 and speak with an experienced attorney at our firm today.