Help for Victims of Severe Burn Injuries in Highlands Ranch
Victims of burn accidents who have suffered severe injuries and catastrophic burns due to the negligence or fault of another party deserve justice and compensation. Our team of experienced Colorado lawyers at Carabin Shaw is proud to have represented an array of personal injury clients, and won significant sums on their behalf.
If you or a loved one have experienced a serious burn injury within the last two years in Highlands Ranch CO, reach out to a trusted lawyer as soon as possible to weigh your legal options.Determining if Your Injuries Qualify for a Personal Injury Lawsuit
To pursue a lawsuit for your severe burn injuries, the accident needs to be at least partially the fault of another party. Because every case is unique, the specifics of your accident should be discussed with an attorney to decide if a lawsuit should be pursued. Fault can be hard to determine without a legal professional, so contact a Highlands Ranch personal injury attorney if you are unsure.
The statute of limitations for personal injury lawsuits in Colorado in two years. This means that victims, or their surviving family members, have two years from the date of injury to file their case and begin legal pursuit of compensation.Severity of Burn Injuries
If your injuries were categorized as severe second-degree or third-degree burns, you likely have costly medical expenses and bills piling up from being unable to work. These injuries warrant pursuing a personal injury lawsuit.
Insurance companies will sometimes offer victims a lower settlement than they deserve, but you need the maximum compensation you are eligible for. Whether it’s future lost wages, additional surgeries, pain and suffering, or long-term care that is needed, you are owed damages for any and all costs you have/will experience.How a Burn Injury Lawyer Serving Highlands Ranch Colorado Can Help
Your chosen lawyer doesn’t simply represent you in court. Many victims are unclear about how exactly legal representation can help their case or wonder why they wouldn’t just settle for what the insurance companies are offering. Here’s how an attorney can help.
- Investigate your claim
- This will include gathering evidence (bills, police reports, surveillance footage, etc.), interviewing witnesses, attaining expert testimony, and more.
- Provide expert support and guidance
- During an investigation, your legal counsel will be able to determine which route of legal action is best for you and your specific case. They will also provide support during a difficult time when you should be focused on healing.
- File all necessary paperwork
- If you and your attorney decide to pursue a personal injury lawsuit, they will first file a complaint, followed by depositions, interrogations, etc. Without a lawyer, this process would be complex and overwhelming to any serious burn injury victim.
- Build your case and argue for maximum compensation
- Unlike filing a claim with an insurance company, an attorney’s goal is to provide you with the maximum compensation possible. This means evaluating all damages including economic, non-economic, and punitive. When filing a claim on your own, you are likely to miss many of these expenses that you qualify for.
At Carabin Shaw, we provide professional, trustworthy help for victims of severe burn injuries in Highlands Ranch. We have over three decades of experience fighting for victims like you, and we pride ourselves on never representing big companies or insurance agencies.
Read over some of our client reviews and case results, and give us a call at 800-862-1260 to schedule your free case review. The Carabin Shaw team will assess your claim and determine whether or not you have a viable case. Our attorneys work on a contingency-fee basis, which means that you do not pay unless your case is won.