Hill Country What to Do After an Auto Accident
Boerne, Comfort, Kerrville, Bandera, & FredericksburgCALL US AT: 210.222.2288
Motor accidents are very common. With damages ranging from little property damage and no personal injuries to multiple car wrecks with major property and personal injuries. They may have major life-changing consequences.WHAT DO TO AFTER A CAR ACCIDENT?
Do I need an attorney to represent me? How do I file a claim? How do I deal with insurance companies?
- Call the police
- Put emergency lights on for other drivers to go around you
- Check if passengers are injured, if they are, call for medical help
- If it is safe and you are physically able to do so, exit your car
- If it is safe move your car to the side of the road
- Take a picture of the scene
- Exchange personal information with the other drivers: names, addresses, telephone numbers and insurance information
- If there are any witnesses get their personal information
- Don’t discuss the accident with others
- Mentally note or write down important facts regarding the accident, like time, date and location
- Stay at the scene of the accident until police says it is okay to leave
- Call your insurance to report the accident
- Call your lawyer if you are injured or there are major damages
- If you have been injured in an auto accident caused by a negligent driver there are laws to protect you. It is at your best interest to have a lawyer by your side to protect your rights so you don’t end up paying personally or financially for a wrong that was done to you.
The Carabin Shaw injury attorneys are a call away. By calling us, we can consult with you and explain your options, answer your questions and we can provide you with tranquility. Our auto accident lawyers are prepared to help you. Contact us today via email or, by phone at 210.222.2288 day or night.