Hotel Carbon Monoxide Poisoning: What You Need to Know in Texas
Carbon monoxide is a tasteless, colorless, odorless, and poisonous gas that kills about 2,000 people annually. One of the biggest contributors to this statistic is hotels and motels without carbon monoxide detectors. Texas, like many other states, does not require by law that hotels and motels place carbon monoxide detectors in guest rooms. Though this can seem like a minor issue when you are managing travel details, it is crucial to recognize that every time you and your family stay at a hotel or motel in Victoria, Texas, you risk injury or death from carbon monoxide poisoning.
If you are staying at a hotel or motel in Victoria, Texas, you need to know what to do if you or a loved one is injured or worse from carbon monoxide poisoning. The lawyers at Carabin Shaw are prepared to be your Victoria accident attorneys. The Carabin Shaw team stands ready to listen to your case and find the best pathway to justice.What Does Texas Law say About Carbon Monoxide Detectors?
Unfortunately, a vacation can become a tragedy if you stay at the wrong hotel or motel in Victoria, Texas. When it comes to hotel carbon monoxide poisoning, here’s what you need to know in Texas: To-date, only fourteen states in the U.S. require hotels and motels to install carbon monoxide detectors in their rooms. Texas is not one of them.
The Texas Health & Safety Code only mandates that the state administers information to hotels about how carbon monoxide alarms can prevent carbon monoxide poisoning and how to effectively maintain and use appliances that emit carbon monoxide. Hotels know the dangers, but they often don’t take action to prevent them. The lawyers at Carabin Shaw know this doesn’t seem right. Without a mandated carbon monoxide detector it is hard to tell if you and your loved ones are safe when staying in a hotel or motel in Victoria, Texas.Being Vigilant About Carbon Monoxide
Since hotels are not required to install carbon monoxide detectors, guests are always in jeopardy at hotels in Victoria, Texas. We at Carabin Shaw know the dangers of hotel carbon monoxide poisoning, so here’s what we think you need to know in Texas. When checking into a hotel, don’t hesitate to ask the hotel or motel if they have carbon monoxide detectors in your room or if they’ve had any problems with carbon monoxide leaks in the past. However, our Carabin Shaw staff thinks the best course of action is to be prepared by knowing the symptoms.
Victims of carbon monoxide poisoning tend to experience flu-like symptoms, even though they are not feverish. When you are staying at a hotel in Texas, you should look out for:
- Chest pain
Extreme levels of carbon monoxide can cause loss of consciousness or even death. If you ever experience one or more of these symptoms without explanation, you may be at risk for carbon monoxide poisoning. If you think you have carbon monoxide poisoning, don’t think twice about getting to the nearest hospital. Once your medical needs are met, contact an attorney at Carabin Shaw.Contacting a Lawyer With Carabin Shaw
The team of attorneys at Carabin Shaw is ready to aggressively represent you or a loved one if you have suffered from carbon monoxide poisoning in Victoria, Texas. We understand how traumatic a catastrophe such as carbon monoxide poisoning can be—the pain of the sickness and injury, the hospital bills, the worry about what will happen next, and the nagging question of why this happened. Our staff’s ample experience with hotel carbon monoxide poisoning means that we understand what you need to know in Texas. Carabin Shaw’s Victoria injury lawyers want to do everything possible to help you get the justice you deserve.
If you or a loved one endured carbon monoxide poisoning at a hotel or motel in Victoria, Texas, Carabin Shaw wants to provide your carbon monoxide poisoning lawyers in Victoria. Our years of experience are here to help you.
To set up a free consultation, call the law offices of Carabin Shaw in Victoria, Texas today at 361-485-1400 or toll-free at 800-862-1260.