Houston Nursing Home Negligence After Contracting COVID-19
During these trying times, we want all of our loved ones to be safe and healthy, but none more so than our parents, grandparents, siblings, and spouses that reside in nursing homes or other care facilities. Nursing home facilities in Houston are especially vulnerable to outbreaks of COVID-19, and those who are elderly or immunocompromised are at risk if facilities are not taking the proper precautions to avoid spread of the disease or providing adequate care to those who have contracted the disease.
We owe it to ourselves and to our families to make sure that those who are the most vulnerable are protected in the months ahead, and if there are instances of harm or damages caused by negligence after a coronavirus outbreak due to lack of care on the part of nursing home staff, then contacting an attorney might be the best option to protect your loved ones or compensate them for damages incurred.
If you live in the Houston area and believe that you or a loved one have been subject to Houston nursing home negligence after contracting COVID-19, please contact the law offices of Carabin Shaw to speak with one of our Houston medical malpractice lawyers right away. Just as you worry about your most vulnerable family members, we care about the health and safety of our community. Your coronavirus claim in Houston might entitle you to fair compensation with the help of a lawyer from Carabin Shaw.What Precautions Should Nursing Home Facilities Be Taking During The Coronavirus Outbreak?
- Limiting non-essential visitations from friends and family members.
- Increased sanitation of communal surfaces.
- Taking the temperatures of all staff before they enter the facilities.
- Enforcing rules that prevent staff from returning to work until they are fever-free for at least 72 hours.
- Keeping track of symptoms that could be signs of coronavirus.
- Sequestering infected residents from the rest of the nursing home population.
- Making sure facilities are fully equipped with the necessary medical equipment in the event of outbreak.
- Pain and suffering brought on by lack of treatment for coronavirus.
- Sustained lung damages from infection.
- Loss of quality of life.
- Depression and anxiety brought on by neglect.
- Increased medical costs for emergency care.
- In the worst case, loss of life.
Yes! Lack of proper preparations and adherence to the necessary guidelines could mean you are entitled to seek compensation for damages incurred by elder neglect brought on by a coronavirus outbreak with the help of Carabin Shaw’s Houston medical malpractice lawyers. Our attorneys know that this is a worrying time for families and that we must protect the most vulnerable of us to protect all of us.
With hundreds of thousands of COVID-19 in the United States, the pandemic is a concern for all. With over 168 nursing homes in the Houston metropolitan area, there are many senior citizens in our community that we must ensure are safe, healthy, and protected by those entrusted to care for them. Elder neglect is never acceptable, but we must be extra vigilant in the aftermath of this pandemic to make sure elder care remains consistent and safe.What Should I Do If My Loved Ones Or I Are Neglected By Our Nursing Home Facility After Contracting Covid-19?
If you have a coronavirus claim in Houston brought on by Houston nursing home negligence, call toll-free today at 1-800-862-1260 or reach our Houston office at 800-862-1260. Our lawyers would be happy to help you seek a fair settlement.